EDF Quote

Just got quoted the figures below from EDF does anyone think either tariff seems reasonable based on market prices and expected increases in April.

My current variable rates are

Electricity
DSC - 27.40p
UR - 20.84p per KWH

Gas
DSC - 26.12p
UR - 4.010p per KWH

View attachment 6504
I've just renewed my EDF electricity only on the GO 98 tariff. It's about 50% more expensive that the Go98 tariff that expires in 2 days time. However, you can swap between the Go98 and Go35 whenever you want so I intend to be on the Go98 in the winter months and Go35 in the summer months (when house demand is much lower)

The only real way to compare is with your own numbers for peak and off peak consumption over a year.
My choices have come down to Octopus and EDF too so the choice will be between good and better depending how the maths works out for you.
Fortunately I don't need to decide myself for a few months yet so my spreadsheet will get more data to crunch before then.

I do like that octopus have no leaving fees. Also if I moved to EDF I would be on standard rate for up to a month to make sure the meter works OK. Errrrm, it's a SMETS2 meter so data goes to a national data centre. If it works for one supplier it will work for you too! That's the point of them

Also if I moved to EDF I would be on standard rate for up to a month to make sure the meter works OK. Errrrm, it's a SMETS2 meter so data goes to a national data centre. If it works for one supplier it will work for you too! That's the point of them
This is the same for Octopus - assuming you're not already with them. They require a minimum of two weeks worth of reliable half hourly readings from your meter before they will switch you onto Go.

How long ago did HIGNFY have a cartoon in the opening sequences showing a Russian turning off the gas supply to Europe?

I was reading a piece this morning about Germany's gas situation & they said that if they had to go the way of shipping LNG imports from Qatar or America it would not only be much more expensive it would be exorbitantly expensive.

I thought it was announced today but not changing until April? I may have misunderstood though as it's April when my fixed rate ends
yes it is effective as of 01/04/22 but like anything else prices on the fixed tarriff deals will start to rise closer you get to these dates in anticipation of the price change.

my charger is due to be installed end of this month so will have the option of it or using the 22kwh podpoint in my local tesco for free which is a 10min walk from my house

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom