Electric vs Petrol vs PHEV Journey Cost

Fair enough!

So what does he mean by “7.5p overnight is only actual if day rate is no higher than std rate.”

As far as I’m aware I’m getting 7.5p overnight until they say otherwise
What he is saying is that because the day rate is higher than the standard rate, it isn't effectively 7.5p at night but something higher depending on your usage.

However, this assumes you don't do any time switching. We time switched the dishwasher and washing machine to the overnight period and so this cancelled put the effect of the higher day rate - so we do get the full benefit of the cheap night rate for charging our MG4.

What he is saying is that because the day rate is higher than the standard rate, it isn't effectively 7.5p at night but something higher depending on your usage.

However, this assumes you don't do any time switching. We time switched the dishwasher and washing machine to the overnight period and so this cancelled put the effect of the higher day rate - so we do get the full benefit of the cheap night rate for charging our MG4.
Right okay well that kind of makes sense. I switched from British Gas which is actually more expensive day rate and no 7.5p overnight tariff.. win win

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom