Electricity prices to rise?

My son and his new house mates signed up with Avro. Do you have to wait for Ofgen to move you or can you switch ok still?

The official advice is to sit tight until OFGEM/your new nominated supplier get in touch. I cancelled my direct debit with Avro though, just in case, although any credit should roll over. Apparently switching during this time could complicate things. The OFGEM website has more details.

I wonder what happens to any credit that you may have with your fuel provider if they go bust? Lose it?

I wonder what happens to any credit that you may have with your fuel provider if they go bust? Lose it?
I saw something about the credit would be transferred to the new provider (might have been on British Gas website) but this could take several months as it's likely the administrators will have to deal with this as part of the creditors due money.

Probably my fault.
I left Avro for Octopus and Zog and it changed over last week.
Fortunately have my last bill downloaded and final readings.

I calculate I now owe them around £30.
That makes 2 of us. You took out avro, and I left green (for Octopus and Zog!)
Still waiting for a final (£85ish) bill from green, and am about £200 in credit….

Depends if that solar system is one string output or has solar optimumers like solaredge. If its just a string, bye bye output.
Well observed. I updated by system from a single string to have Solaredge optimisers about three years ago & my overall annual yield increased by about 20% 👍

I just caught the end of the Martin Lewis show last week.
The smaller energy providers going bust, had formed the main topic of customers questions.
When I tuned in, he was half way though explaining what happens when your energy provider goes bang.
If I understood him correctly, he was saying that the new energy provider inherits the customers account lock stock and barrel.
So, if you are in credit ( as most people are over the summer ) then that credit must be honoured by the new provider.
If the customer had run up a bill, then they have to take that on board also.
Hoovering up a load of customers is great for increasing your customer base, but it comes with it's fair share of problems as well.
It will indirectly mean, we all be paying more for our energy because these smaller companies have gone out of business.

Damn - I’ve not perfected my “Acme Jugular Protection Shield” sufficiently to launch it onto the market just yet 😫

Yep people’s energy bills set to rise a lot even with the price cap which rose by 12% and it’s no good looking for a better deal because there aren’t any !!!!

If I look a bit further into the future I see EV car prices going up and in short supply, Solar install prices going up (‘through the roof’) and the OLEV grant changes (no more £350 for home owners as it ends for us in March 2022) making an install in the next few months almost impossible…

Not looking good folks…

We got an email last night saying we're now on Octopus energy.

We were with Avro energy & got put onto Octopus energy by OFGEM, They've stopped asking for meter readings & have not yet set up a Octopus account for us!!! The monthly DD is still being taken out under the Avro energy name though. Anyone else having similar problems since the switch over?

I have when my supplier folded, Ofgen transferred me to EDF. They have emailed saying it's in hand, but the original direct debit is still going out and besides EDF saying I'm on the standard tariff there has been very little update. In fairness, the company's that folded were pretty big, and it's not a 5 minute job to transfer 1/2 a million plus accounts across. Luckily at least when it all settled down, we know that although the price is much higher than o was paying, there's nothing currently available any cheaper!

SoLRs are extraordinarily complicated to do, from having to map the various data sets and use cases from a competitor’s systems to yours, to dealing with the administrators. Sit tight.

We were with Avro energy & got put onto Octopus energy by OFGEM, They've stopped asking for meter readings & have not yet set up a Octopus account for us!!! The monthly DD is still being taken out under the Avro energy name though. Anyone else having similar problems since the switch over?
Same here, did get a couple of emails from them. I have registered my account at Octopus and set up a DD already on their website. You should have had an email with a link to set up your account with them

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom