Electrifying review the 2022 ZS EV

That should come with a disclaimer that all of her dislikes are unquantifiable - doesn't "feel" special, surprising etc.

Ignoring all of the personal perceptions it's a very positive review.

It's a pity that the negative vibe will put people off.

Mentions an odd shape to the boot but doesn't describe positively enough that it's class leading and massive compared to all other manufacturers anywhere near the price e.g. compares it negatively to Skoda Enyaq (similar to the ID4 boot which has 15% larger capactiy than the MG). Doesn't mention that a 77 kWh Family ID4 is from £46k! "Odd lumps at the sides" - i.e. it has wheels :D

I mean, it does sum up the ZS. It's good but the competition has moved on very quickly. It's good value and is functional.
It's all to easy to compare it to the Enyaq to the ZS EV of course.
But then the Enyaq spec/d at the same level of equipment is WAY more expensive !.
Has the ZS EV got the same level of build quality and sound insolation of a VAG model - NO.
But as a owner of many VAG group cars in the past, and a owner of a two year old MG ZS EV it's all relative.
The VAG group do make a car with good build quality, but MG already know this.
You get what you pay for really.

That should come with a disclaimer that all of her dislikes are unquantifiable - doesn't "feel" special, surprising etc.

Ignoring all of the personal perceptions it's a very positive review.

It's a pity that the negative vibe will put people off.

Mentions an odd shape to the boot but doesn't describe positively enough that it's class leading and massive compared to all other manufacturers anywhere near the price e.g. compares it negatively to Skoda Enyaq (similar to the ID4 boot which has 15% larger capactiy than the MG). Doesn't mention that a 77 kWh Family ID4 is from £46k! "Odd lumps at the sides" - i.e. it has wheels :D
the odd shape to the boot is called the wheel arch. standard in most cars. VAG cars are insanely expensive for what you get.
But then the Enyaq spec/d at the same level of equipment is WAY more expensive !.
Has the ZS EV got the same level of build quality and sound insolation of a VAG model - NO.
But as a owner of many VAG group cars in the past, and a owner of a two year old MG ZS EV it's all relative.
Enyaq is vastly more expensive. A tesla is cheaper and overall a better car with a better charging infrastructure (The Achilles heel of EV's). Also important to note that VAG cars in china (including Audi and Skoda) are built by SAIC there. I would rather keep my spare money in stocks than waste them due to brand snobbery. VAG is nothing special these days, a bit of a rip off to be frank. See SAIC Volkswagen for more info. SAIC have similar ventures with GM.

I don't care what she says, looks are a personal thing and it looks good to me. 'It takes10 min to defrost?' what is she on about? More like 3min perhaps she thinks you have to wait for the engine to warm up, lol. She also said 'its fast enough for keeping up with traffic?' Begrudging praise and generally just being a snob. Poor review overall. There are a lot of group tests of EVs at the moment but the price differences are as Marcopolomt posted largely ignored. The size of a manufacturers advertising budget seems to be a key to a good review.

VAG build quality? Their DIE sel engines aren't that good are they. VW are back in court again for other versions of a cheat devices on 2 of their DIE sel engines. They were so sorry but Corporations don't care, unless they get caught.

I don't care what she says, looks are a personal thing and it looks good to me. 'It takes10 min to defrost?' what is she on about? More like 3min perhaps she thinks you have to wait for the engine to warm up, lol. She also said 'its fast enough for keeping up with traffic?' Begrudging praise and generally just being a snob. Poor review overall. There are a lot of group tests of EVs at the moment but the price differences are as Marcopolomt posted largely ignored. The size of a manufacturers advertising budget seems to be a key to a good review.
I was quoted £600 a month for an Enyaq. Not a high specced one, but one with the smaller battery and a few things we considered must-haves. We were trading in our 40kw leaf.

Same trade-in with Tesla and it worked out £470 a month for a midnight silver SR+ (£3k a yr insurance to cover my mrs too eliminated this).

Contrast this with less than £400 a month for a top of the range ZS with our choice of colour and I find any argument in favour of the Enyaq hard to swallow. VAG are living on past reputation and glory.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom