Electronic Diff Lock

blippy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi, I'm looking at the MG EV. Coming from a Suzuki S-Cross Allgrip, and living in a rural location, moving back to 2 wheel drive is one significant downside.

I wondered if the MG has any form of cross-axle traction transfer capabilities?

Many vehicles will apply the brake to the slipping wheel so transferring drive to the wheel with traction (VW market this as EDL or XDL for example, and all Suzuki models have the same functionality, even those without 4x4).

Hi, I haven't read anything like that on this forum, so you maybe looking at the wrong type of vehicle

Turns out it's written in the manual:

"TCS monitors the driving speed of each wheel individually. If spin is detected on one wheel, the system automatically brakes that wheel, transferring torque to the opposite, non-spinning wheel."

Source: https://www.mg.co.uk/sites/default/files/2021-11/New MG ZS EV Owner Manual.pdf

It also apparently has hill decent control although it needs to be manually enabled for some reason.

It also apparently has hill decent control although it needs to be manually enabled for some reason.

That's not unusual, is it? My van has it and it has to be turned on, had a previous Kia that was the same.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom