Emergency Call Fault ?

WilmslowMG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi Folks , new here so be gentle.
Have new MG4 Trophy (2 weeks old) its has rung the emergency control centre at least five times without any buttons having been pushed.
Rang dealer who said it might be due to loss of signal, if so the how have I had conversation with control center staff apologizing for call.
Car has also tried to make several 'pre-calls'.
Volume of call is extremely distracting as you are driving.
Has anybody else had this issue, am taking car in next week so looking for advice. If it is something to do with lack of signal then underground car parks are a no no.
Thanks in advance.

If it was lack of signal you'd get a warning message on the driver's screen and it doesn't make a call when it reconnects.
It could be a faulty switch or the button has stuck in. Have a look to see if it seems to be pushed in further than the blank on the other side.

Have new MG4 Trophy (2 weeks old) its has rung the emergency control centre at least five times without any buttons having been pushed.
Rang dealer who said it might be due to loss of signal, if so the how have I had conversation with control center staff apologizing for call.
Has anybody else had this issue, am taking car in next week so looking for advice. If it is something to do with lack of signal then underground car parks are a no no.
Thanks in advance.

Welcome. I’ve been a regular here since getting my MG4 Trophy 9 months ago. I’ve had dozens of faults/niggles, but this is not one of them and I don’t recall seeing any other reports on this. I searched the forum just now and I’m not seeing any other posts so probably a dealer fix.

If you want to tinker, the emergency call feature is quite easy disconnect, if you open the sunglasses holder, you’ll see two screws inside, take these out and the whole panel will drop down. There is a plug to the emergency call button, unplug it and this should disable it. You’ll see an amber warning on the dash but it won’t be able to call any more I think.

Thanks in advance.
On my Mg4 Luxuory I also get an e-call error message too. No pre-calls, though. Need to get to the dealer to fix is. Lack of signal might be a cause. Sometime the navigation system is a bit off the track.

Welcome. I’ve been a regular here since getting my MG4 Trophy 9 months ago. I’ve had dozens of faults/niggles, but this is not one of them and I don’t recall seeing any other reports on this. I searched the forum just now and I’m not seeing any other posts so probably a dealer fix.

If you want to tinker, the emergency call feature is quite easy disconnect, if you open the sunglasses holder, you’ll see two screws inside, take these out and the whole panel will drop down. There is a plug to the emergency call button, unplug it and this should disable it. You’ll see an amber warning on the dash but it won’t be able to call any more I think.
Many Thanks for the advice, however as car only 2 weeks old dont want to invalidate any of the microscopically small print!

Out of interest, why do we think a loss of signal would trigger this?
Hi, Im only quoting what the mechanics said.

If it was lack of signal you'd get a warning message on the driver's screen and it doesn't make a call when it reconnects.
It could be a faulty switch or the button has stuck in. Have a look to see if it seems to be pushed in further than the blank on the other side.
Hi have noticed occasional red phone on startup but this didnt lead to live call.
Thanks for advice on checking button in roof, it appears to be at same level as the blank and at present shows a solid green light.

There is absolutely no way a lack of signal would initiate a call.

You'd think not. The car must go out of mobile phone signal range fairly often - in remote areas, in tunnels and so on. It's something that is surely considered at the design stage.

I had this once in the first week of ownership happened one evening and again the next morning. Put it down to loss of service as it has never reappeared.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back