Energy Consumption Chart

Big Al

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Was just watched a video on youtube, re fast charging an SE, and it dawned on me, that my energy consumption chart never shows anything, hadn't given it any thought until I saw the video. I've a Trophy running R30 on the Infotainment. Anyone else noticed this?

IMG_7838.jpeg

I get nothing on the energy consumption chart, also a Trophy. Doesn't bother me too much but it would be nice to see the information.

Not sure I'm understanding ... if you want to see charging rate don't you need to select the Charge Settings tab? Or are you specifically meaning the Energy Consumption?

(It's just that you mention a video about charging).

Not sure I'm understanding ... if you want to see charging rate don't you need to select the Charge Settings tab? Or are you specifically meaning the Energy Consumption?

(It's just that you mention a video about charging).
it's the consumption chart, I just took a screen shot from that video to illustrate

Was the same on my car that I just returned/rejected today.
The consumption chart etc does very little.
Drove 75 miles today to return it and thought I'd check what was there as I'd driven it in eco mode all the way there just for curiosity.
The only thing that shows was used kw.
Absolutely nothing on the regen result part which is complete bo!!ocks after the distance travelled.
I also noticed after the last charge the chart on the left I think shows the last 50 miles, surely this should also reset after a full charge especially when you reset the GOM etc.
Looks like another thing that needs fixing

Has anyone provided feedback to dealers/MG UK on this one, and did you get any sort of response?
Not really that bothered really, that said it would be good to have it work and its clearly something MG felt it would provide.

Was the same on my car that I just returned/rejected today.
The consumption chart etc does very little.
Drove 75 miles today to return it and thought I'd check what was there as I'd driven it in eco mode all the way there just for curiosity.
The only thing that shows was used kw.
Absolutely nothing on the regen result part which is complete bo!!ocks after the distance travelled.
I also noticed after the last charge the chart on the left I think shows the last 50 miles, surely this should also reset after a full charge especially when you reset the GOM etc.
Looks like another thing that needs fixing
How can you reject a car you have collected? What rights do we have?

How can you reject a car you have collected? What rights do we have?
Look at Vehicle Rejection Notice under the Consumer rights act 2015, Clause 22 Short term right to reject.
You are able to reject within the first 30 days if the vehicle is not as described and has a fault that would be deemed there when the car was new.
This entitles you to full refund of all monies paid.
You do not have to give the dealer the opportunity to fix the fault, you just have to prove the fault exists.
Which on both mine they had plenty of faults, main ones for me being Oil Leak and a badly made seat twice.
Which cannot be disputed when it is a known issue with the MG4 and there is Oil underneath the vehicle and also all over my driveway.
All the info is on the Act above.
Or you can read a bit more in the Rejection threads on this group where it is discussed in more detail.
After 30 days it becomes more difficult to reject and other things like mileage can be taken into account etc. for refunds.
I have rejected 2 for the same issues on both cars, 1st I thought was just a bad car, hence buying a 2nd.
Only to find the same faults on that one too.

Has anyone provided feedback to dealers/MG UK on this one, and did you get any sort of response?
Not really that bothered really, that said it would be good to have it work and its clearly something MG felt it would provide.
Raised this with a few other points with my dealership today, response was as expected MG are aware of this and it will be fixed at some point via a software update. No timescale known ATM.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back