Engine bay cleaning

Twice a year seems excessive, did the old ICE engine have leaks or was it just due to high mileage ?
I can't see a problem jet washing it as long as you're careful around the connectors, same as with the ICE electricals.
I usually just wipe around in there with a damp cloth, but I only do a few miles so it doesn't get that mucky.

It the ice days I would jetwash the engine about twice a year,can you do the same to the mg or is it going to end badly?👍
Page 304 of the user manual say this....

Note: DO NOT use a high pressure hose to clean the
front compartment – damage to the car’s electronic
systems may occur.

Ours has done 5+k miles now, popped open the bonnet to top up window wiper fluid at the weekend, not looked in there since got the car in a few months ago. I was surprised at how dirty it seemed, I'm assuming it's down to it having big spaces underneath for spray to get in - lack of a full under tray cover.

This is what I am worried about,I hate things dirty,mine has 500miles on clock and it's dirty already 😭
I was surprised how easily it gets mucky, I had to wipe mine down after only 1500 miles and I don't often go out in it if it's raining.

I keep thinking that I'm going eventually to get around to fitting a plastic under tray that covers the big gap under the engine bay.
I'm sure it doesn't need the ventilation.
It will surely help the aero performance too.
Most of the muck in my engine bay is on the black front panel and down the sides where the water runs down when it's stood in the rain, so a plastic tray over the components wouldn't make much difference.

I agree about the seal on the front edge, I put one early on, only done 4000 miles with
my March 2020. Seem to work!

I noticed muck was being thrown up from under the wheel arches into the engine bay...i sealed the gaps with mastic....that 'learned it'!

Ours has done 5+k miles now, popped open the bonnet to top up window wiper fluid at the weekend, not looked in there since got the car in a few months ago. I was surprised at how dirty it seemed, I'm assuming it's down to it having big spaces underneath for spray to get in - lack of a full under tray cove

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom