EO charger obsolete.

Exdro

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have an EO Mini Pro charger fitted in Feb 2020. This ceased to function in Feb 2024 coincidentally at or about the same time that Juucenet/Enel x withdrew their software support. I have had to wait until now for an engineer to come and look at it (at my cost of £92.50 + VAT). They took one look and said that the unit was obsolete and they hadn’t fitted one after the start of 2020. EO and EDF have not replied to any emails other than to say they will fit a new unit. They have yet to give a price. Has anyone else had this problem. If I have to buy a new charger after only four years, it negates any savings I may have made versus an ICE car. Comments please 🤬

Does the charge point have to be provided through EDF?

I have an EO Mini Pro charger fitted in Feb 2020. This ceased to function in Feb 2024 coincidentally at or about the same time that Juucenet/Enel x withdrew their software support. I have had to wait until now for an engineer to come and look at it (at my cost of £92.50 + VAT). They took one look and said that the unit was obsolete and they hadn’t fitted one after the start of 2020. EO and EDF have not replied to any emails other than to say they will fit a new unit. They have yet to give a price. Has anyone else had this problem. If I have to buy a new charger after only four years, it negates any savings I may have made versus an ICE car. Comments please 🤬
1. shop around and find the best deal. I will also have to get one within the next month or so, just got my ZS and using 3-pin cable from Amazon (👍). British Gas / Hive is giving a year or so of free charging if you get their unit. I will spend a few weeks looking for the best deal so if you can wait ...

2. that engineer that came around knew what model charger you used and still came around just to tell you they can't do anything about it because it's obsolete? presumably they knew your model when you booked teh visit? see if you can complain and ask for refund.

1. shop around and find the best deal. I will also have to get one within the next month or so, just got my ZS and using 3-pin cable from Amazon (👍). British Gas / Hive is giving a year or so of free charging if you get their unit. I will spend a few weeks looking for the best deal so if you can wait ...

2. that engineer that came around knew what model charger you used and still came around just to tell you they can't do anything about it because it's obsolete? presumably they knew your model when you booked teh visit? see if you can complain and ask for refund.
Don’t worry, I’m on the case. Will keep you informed through this forum.

Does the charge point have to be provided through EDF?
No. I can go anywhere.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom