EO Mini Pro 2 Timer Schedule Bug

Cbrom01

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone had a problem receiving a charge from a EO Mini Pro 2 charger. I had an issue the other night where I was expecting the car to charge in the night on the low rate scheduled charge but when I awoke in the morning it had not. I couldn’t get the charger to supply power to my car until I rebooted the charger by power cycling it at the fuse board.

I’ve emailed EO and they say there is bug and a site visit is required to update the charger.

I have one, and am unable to get it to charge to a timed period. Mind, I don't think I have set it up properly either...............

Hi, just set up a scheduled charge with these settings. Will update tomorrow with result

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210513-221258.jpg
    Screenshot_20210513-221258.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 347
  • Screenshot_20210513-221308.jpg
    Screenshot_20210513-221308.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 312
  • Screenshot_20210513-221317.jpg
    Screenshot_20210513-221317.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 317
Try it a second time. EO suggested to me that the timer would work once then would require a reboot. It failed for me when the off peak timer was set.
Try it with no settings for off peak, and set the scheduled charging to your off peak times, if that makes sense

I had a visit from an EO engineer last Friday. He updated the firmware on the power control board (part of the front half of the charger where the socket is). I watched him do it, it took all of 2 mins.

The scheduled charge now works as it should.

Whilst the unit was open, I took a look inside and it turns out there is a Raspberry PI in there! Looks like its connected to the power control board via a 3 pin serial link. Quite interesting.

The engineer noticed another 2 houses in my street with an EO charger... he updated those too.

I had a visit from an EO engineer last Friday. He updated the firmware on the power control board (part of the front half of the charger where the socket is). I watched him do it, it took all of 2 mins.

The scheduled charge now works as it should.

Whilst the unit was open, I took a look inside and it turns out there is a Raspberry PI in there! Looks like its connected to the power control board via a 3 pin serial link. Quite interesting.

The engineer noticed another 2 houses in my street with an EO charger... he updated those too.
We only had two problems, the first was ours as our wifi did not reach the EO for the app to work. It still charged on plugging in though. Wifi now sorted with an extender.
Second was after an update on my mobile, the app would not talk to the EO even after reloading. EO were excellent at sorting it out and they rebooted the charger direct, all works fine now.

One thing I did notice is that sometimes, at least on the ZS that once it did not charge as the lead into the car was not pushed in enough. I used a spare lead at home from an I3 that works well but needs that extra push, so something to consider if no charge is made.

Hi, just set up a scheduled charge with these settings. Will update tomorrow with result
I’ve been having the same issue now for a couple of weeks. Starts charging at random time out with the off peak time then car reports charging error 2minutes later. It works fine on day rate if I reboot the unit itself from consumer unit but only if not set to off peak. I’ll try the suggestion on here using the other timer setting. I’ve contacted EO but no reply.

Am I the only one who thinks of Teletubbies when I see the word "EO" :LOL:
Teletubbies GIF by memecandy

I'll get mi coat. 😶

Has anyone had a problem receiving a charge from a EO Mini Pro 2 charger. I had an issue the other night where I was expecting the car to charge in the night on the low rate scheduled charge but when I awoke in the morning it had not. I couldn’t get the charger to supply power to my car until I rebooted the charger by power cycling it at the fuse board.

I’ve emailed EO and they say there is bug and a site visit is required to update the charger.
Same problem with my MG……just throws back the charge, been like it for nearly 3 weeks….STILL WAITING FOR SOMEONE FROM EO TO GETVIN TOUCH…DISGRACEFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE, DISGRACEFUL COMPANY

Had mine for over a year now with no problems with the unit or the app. I have two time zones set but use the 12.30 to 4.30 most as I am with Octopus. I do hope they dont try to update as I am happy with things as they are :(.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220915-063135.png
    Screenshot_20220915-063135.png
    456 KB · Views: 104
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom