Estimated miles went down dramatically after I charged it

mustangrules

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, all
Just wanted to notify to any new MG5 EV long range owners not to panic if the estimated miles drops dramatically after charging ! I have owned my MG5 L/R for about 6months now and have been delighted with the car it mainly does town miles schools and shopping etc and it gets driven in eco mode with full regen breaking to max miles , the estimated miles went up from 249mls to just over 300mls after charging several times and covering 1649mls .However the car went out on its first long trip the other day around 180ml round trip mainly motorways averaging 70mph , but when I charged the car to full the estimated miles went down to 200 miles which was a bit of a shock as I was expecting over 300 as usual ! So because of the mileage that was done in one trip and the speed and full air -con on the trip computer re-estimated the miles based on the last trip ! So just a heads up and don’t panic if your car does this ( it’s normal ) and when you reset the trip it will go back to the start which is 249 miles . Hope this info helps

I'd be surprised if you ever managed to get 300 miles from one charge, though I'm sure it'll turn out to be possible now the challenge has been issued :)

I estimated getting on average 250 miles considering mainly town miles the 300 was the computers estimate based on driving history ! Which I also believe would be hard to achieve. but I still believe it’s the best EV for the money and I think it’s a great 1st EV to start with before spending out for a premium EV like a Mustang Mach1, but I think the mileage will improve a lot over the next 2yrs on the premium cars
regards

Clearly you drive with a lighter foot than I do. I'm happy with 230-250 miles in warm weather, 180 in the colder months.

An electric Mach-1 would interest me. The Mach-E not so much.

Have you driven one ? The GT version is a beast ! What I save on my MG (actually the wife’s Dailey ) I Give to my cherished Mustang 5.0GT 🤭so you can have you cake and eat it 👍
It looks like you too are a Mustang fan !
regards Mark

Attachments

• 6F737C5F-F023-4D31-9E36-D41DBF5177CE.png
    6F737C5F-F023-4D31-9E36-D41DBF5177CE.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 68
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom