[Europe] Mg4 phase 2 | phase 1 politics

1. Would you like "ONE PEDAL" and "route planner" added to earlier versions of mg4?

• Total voters

ch4204

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
hello to all,
the release of the mg4 phase 2 supposed to support the one-pedal and a real journey planner, poses a problem in France for the owners of mg4 phase 1 mk1 and mk2 (without the drowsiness detector). We believe that there is no technical reason that would prevent these software "corrections" from being applied to our versions... at least, the indices suggest so!
We want to make enough "noise" around this so that MG MOTORS works more on improving the user experience (fixing bugs, adding expected features) rather than concentrating the effort solely on an aggressive pricing approach to conquest new customers (he balances the two):
the idea is to encourage MG MOTORS to correct the situation by initially installing the one-pedal and the planner on the fleet of rolling mg4s.

Aware that the more voices would be numerous to denounce the temptation to deal with the owners of mg4 phase 1, the more likely they would be to be heard by the Chinese manufacturer, it seemed interesting to us to share with other European owners on the subject ... and encourage them to bang their fists on the table.
This is the subject of my approach...
I put below the link to the page of a forum that highlights this desire:

Don't hesitate to intervene... chrome does good enough translations!
Merci 😉
(Sorry for my english)

Bonjour. Votre anglais est bien meilleur que mon français!

I am less concerned about upgrading the car's existing specifications than getting the things it's already supposed to do working properly. Mostly I love the car (I have the SE), but there are about six or seven software-related issues that bug me to a greater or lesser extent. I really want these fixed before they start messing around with additional functionality.

Bonjour. Votre anglais est bien meilleur que mon français!

I am less concerned about upgrading the car's existing specifications than getting the things it's already supposed to do working properly. Mostly I love the car (I have the SE), but there are about six or seven software-related issues that bug me to a greater or lesser extent. I really want these fixed before they start messing around with additional functionality.
We are obviously all waiting for MG MOTORS to become aware of its obligations with regard to the customers who have trusted it! Its teams take too long to take feedback into account and the more time passes without a bug being resolved, the more the user experience deteriorates...

In truth, we hope a little in France that the new software which brings the planner and one-pedal integrates some fixes... It is obviously not at all sure. And it may be you who are right in fearing that this new programming will increase the inconvenience even more!

According to the survey I conducted on the "automobile propre" forum and which I copied here, the other guys are mostly tempted to see the installation of the one-pedal and the planner as a deserved compensation had regard to the patience they show in relation to the resolution of bugs (and anomalies... such as rims scratched by aerowheels, or micro-scratches in the paintwork of the bodywork, for example).

The idea is to "wake up" MG MOTORS and tell it that it has a lot to lose by neglecting to honor the trust we have placed in it, you and us, as first-time buyers!

If the mg4 is a success like the brand has not known for a long time, everything related to it, good or bad (and our experience is not necessarily the most positive) will be subject to an important resonance effect. Might as well make sure that our voice is heard loud and clear so that MG MOTORS can quickly correct the situation!
It will be in his interest as in ours...

I support your initiative, certainly. Simply, however, I would prefer to have the bugs that annoy me fixed than to have more functionality without fixing the annoying bugs.

My list of annoyances is (remember this is an SE)
  • Cabin temperature reading on the infotainment screen is 5 degrees higher than the actual temperature that setting achieves. If I want 23 degrees I have to set it at 28 degrees!
  • Car lights come on in broad daylight. It is necessary to remove the cover fitted to the light sensor on the fascia to prevent this happening.
  • When the car is put in Sport mode, while the driver's screen always shows "Sport", the setting on the infotainment screen changes to "Snow".
  • The radio always comes on when the car is started, even if it was switched off on or at the end of the previous journey.
  • The USB mp3 player doesn't support folders, so that every track on the entire USB stick is played in alphabetical order of track name, musical and dramatic works shuffled at random! To address this it is necessary to rename every single track incorporating the directory path as a prefix to the track name. This is insane.
  • Auto-locking at 10 mph cannot be disabled. This may seem trivial, but it triggers a distressing claustrophobia reaction in me.
  • The car cannot be pre-heated or pre-cooled if it is plugged in but not charging, meaning that if it has been charging overnight and finished charging, it is necessary to go out into the snow and unplug it before one can pre-heat it. This is also insane.
I believe there is now a fix for that last point in the Trophy, but I don't know about the SE. That point does not involve the infotainment screen, the others do.

I want these fixed as a priority, not left as permanent bugs while MG run around adding extra things like one pedal driving. Just fixing this lot, and my sagging undertray and my warbling aircon condenser, would pacify me. Anything else would be a bonus.

I would welcome the introduction of new features, but I'm not going to protest if they don't bother. I got the car knowing it didn't have them, I'm not suddenly dissatisfied with it because new models get features I never knew would be added. It might be more annoying to owners if they start add features while leaving other bugs unfixed.

Agreed. I don't want a special prize for being patient, I just want the bugs fixed. Anything else is gravy. The worst thing would be if they went all steam ahead adding features, but I'm still sitting at my computer renaming audio tracks and freaking out every time the door locks engage.

Agreed. I don't want a special prize for being patient, I just want the bugs fixed. Anything else is gravy. The worst thing would be if they went all steam ahead adding features, but I'm still sitting at my computer renaming audio tracks and freaking out every time the door locks engage.
Do not hesitate to come and react, including in English, on the forum of "automobile propre" you are welcome!
To complete, rest assured, many of us are impatiently waiting for these bug fixes ! it is good that we let mg know... 😉

At this time: 110 voters on "automobile propre" + 28 on "mgevs.com"...

Why make a recurring statement?

On the one hand, it brings the post to the top of the list according to a chronological criterion.

On the other hand, the more its customers will be perceived by Mg Motors as demanding, the more they will have to align themselves with the desired level of quality. Might as well ensure that as many people as possible position themselves as applicants...hence the reminder! 😉

Do not hesitate to come and react, including in English, on the forum of "automobile propre" you are welcome!
To complete, rest assured, many of us are impatiently waiting for these bug fixes ! it is good that we let mg know... 😉

At this time: 110 voters on "automobile propre" + 28 on "mgevs.com"...

Why make a recurring statement?

On the one hand, it brings the post to the top of the list according to a chronological criterion.

On the other hand, the more its customers will be perceived by Mg Motors as demanding, the more they will have to align themselves with the desired level of quality. Might as well ensure that as many people as possible position themselves as applicants...hence the reminder! 😉
At this time: 134 voters on "automobile propre" + 30 on "mgevs.com"...

The fact the doors lock at 10mph, one foot braking and playing media file seem important upgrades to you. One that needs to be fixed is lane assist. Once turned off it stays off. The thing is dangerous. It's almost like the cars possessed and wants to kill you. You then end up turning it off while driving and battling a denomic force that's trying to run you off the road.
You then successfully disable it for it to reappear once park's been engaged.
If anyone from mg is listening, please. Can off mean off, until we turn it on.
While I'm complaining about such a good car, mines just had a software update, now the bloody radio keeps coming on once turned off. 🙏 can off mean off

The fact the doors lock at 10mph, one foot braking and playing media file seem important upgrades to you. One that needs to be fixed is lane assist. Once turned off it stays off. The thing is dangerous. It's almost like the cars possessed and wants to kill you. You then end up turning it off while driving and battling a denomic force that's trying to run you off the road.
You then successfully disable it for it to reappear once park's been engaged.
If anyone from mg is listening, please. Can off mean off, until we turn it on.
While I'm complaining about such a good car, mines just had a software update, now the bloody radio keeps coming on once turned off. 🙏 can off mean off
I indeed hope that MG is currently developing the "Constantine" patch to exorcise the mg4 of all the demons that torment us through it... besides, shouldn't the nickname of this mg4 be "pandemonium" ?

This morning: 138 voters on "automobile propre" + 46 on "mgevs.com"...
Hello MG?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel