EV charger

SilMg5

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all,
I’ve had my 5 for about 3 months. Finally decided to install a charger at home.
I’ve narrowed it down to either Ohme or Easee One.
Just wondered if anyone here has had any good or bad experience with either of these.
Some of the questions I had were;
  1. What are the monthly data charges for Ohme once the free 3 year deal finishes? (Easee one has free for life)
  2. Are these chargers capable of connecting to the vehicle for information regarding SOC of the battery well enough to charge it only till 80%?
  3. Ohme mentions ability to pre condition the car as well as battery, to warm it up for colder weather before departure time? Does this feature work with MG5?
  4. Any thing else I should be aware off? Both apps look okay to use.
Thank you in advance.

I had the original Ohme until I swapped itvfor a Zappi to integrate with my solar and battery.
I dont think Ohme know what they are going to do after the 3 years as an email I got said it maybe free or a small monthly fee ( which I don't think will go down well with users).
My Ohme or indeed the Zappi can talk to the car but as my commute used 25/35% battery I just set the charge window for 2.5 or 3hour charge to keep it between 80-90%.

1. £3/month has been mentioned, but I don't know anyone paying it
  2. No. It's not possible via a Type 2 connection and until the Connected version of the Mk2 is available no integration is possible.
  3. No. This only changes the charging profile and only works on cars with climate control timers, aka the Mk2 version.
  4. Easee One is better if you want two or three units to share a limited supply. Ohme integrates with Intelligent Octopus.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom