EV Insurance

DaveG

Standard Member
Reaction score
I pick my new car up next month but cannot get a quote on comparison sight as A) the Reg # not recognised & B) The drop down menu does not show EV
Anyone offer advice on who they insure their car with, and any advice on multicar offers

I pick my new car up next month but cannot get a quote on comparison sight as A) the Reg # not recognised & B) The drop down menu does not show EV
Anyone offer advice on who they insure their car with, and any advice on multicar offers
Hi

I've used admiral for multi car. Came in this month at £300 for the year for my mg zs ev.

I also went with LV via confused.com - did it online and it accepted the reg. no. even though it's not recognised elsewhere, including confused.com to claim my rewards. LV weren't the cheapest, but as you can claim a £20 reward, they were second best and as rayjomo says, they'll come and get you if you run out of charge without affecting your NCB. For my reward, I claimed £20 of Shell fuel for my ICE, but can't actually claim it yet as the reg. no. isn't recognised, so I logged an onile support ticket with them. Other rewards are available.

Whilst on the topic of insurance, Hastings Direct, what a bunch of effin clowns they are. Got a quote online, wouldn't accept reg. no., went to their site and repated entering all my data, same thing. It gave a number to call saying they were open after 9am. Called them to get a message saying they were open at 10am. Numpties. Eventually got through, after listening to a load of useless pre-recorded sh!te, I followed some options only to get a recoded message saying they weren't selling new insurance. I repeated this sequence - oh how I enjoyed listening to pre-recoded cr@p again - but this time I selected options for claims and got through to someone outside the country (an assumption made by me) and all that entails with difficulty understanding them and asking them to repeat stuff. Anyway, I provided the reg. no., premium went up by just over £20! ? I aksed why and was told another load of old made up nonsense so told them to stick it. I've had problmes similar to this with Hastings Direct and only persued this quote as they were the chepeast, despite a little voice in my head saying "don't do it, it's not worth the hassle". So in summary Hastings Direct are utter :poop::poop::poop: - avoid at all costs.

Hideous Dolts
Heinous Dummies
Horrible Dimwits
Etc ;)

I also phoned MG for a quote last week - that was astronomically expensive.

I went with Quote me Happy, you can go direct or through GoCompare. Make sure you enter "MG Motors UK" as the make, on GoCompare, not just "MG" and the ZS EV comes up.

Hi, I used confused.com like "ARealHuman" . At the time of purchase (Feb 2020) my current insurer accepted the switch to the MG ZS EV but were expensive. When it came time for renewal, I used Confused.com without problems, LV were the cheapest and I claimed the Halfords £20 voucher from Confused (haven't spent it yet but it is valid for more than a year.)

Well I’ve had to use my insurance already as I had an accident last night, something to be careful of as I’ve come unstuck with Admiral, I had a voluntary £250 excess, but didn’t notice the £350 compulsory meaning I need to pay the first £600 pounds, was sick last night when I damaged my car and sicker this morning when I’d found out that I had over looked this matter...be careful.

I initially transferred my NFU insurance to my new MG EV but received a shock when renewal time came and they wanted over £500. after exploring options I went for LV as they are one of Which's top insurers. They only charged me £220.

Admiral multi policy worked for me once I got through to the call handler who insisted that I had to tell her what size the engine was. 44Kwh I replied. What's that in CCs is it a 1600 or two litre? Duh!

PlugInsure.co.uk have been the cheapest for me £270 for a Leaf 24. Just transferred insurance to new MG which cost me just a £25 change fee. I will see in Jan if there is any major change as that's when my current policy ends

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom