Existing dealer order and panoramic roof

jamie07051975

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Do existing dealer orders which have yet to arrive include the panaromic sunroof? They said they placed the existing order back in March? They've now allocated one of those to me, a LR Trophy in Black.

My guess is yes. They stopped making them with the pano roof for orders after July 1st. That is what my dealer told me.

They're still making the panoramic roof for some other markets, like New Zealand and probably Australia, so it's not too hard (apart from parts constraints) to supply older UK orders with the panoramic roof.

So does that mean that it was MG UK's decision to drop the panoramic roof rather than SAIC?

I don't think so. I think it's just that with the parts situation, panoramic roofs for all ZSs was unsustainable. With the UK being the biggest market, someone made the decision.

It seems that supply is enough to keep the panoramic roof in at least some other markets. Perhaps they feel that they are still breaking into those markets, and need to retain that marketing advantage. Demand seems to be sufficient in the UK (so far) to allow for that loss.

This is all guesswork on my part, I have no inside knowledge.

They're still making the panoramic roof for some other markets, like New Zealand and probably Australia, so it's not too hard (apart from parts constraints) to supply older UK orders with the panoramic roof.
I’m in AU and when I ordered in Feb I chose between a base model and a slightly fancier model with some extras including the panoramic roof (extra $4k AUD). They are still selling the two different versions here. Didn’t realise that was different to other markets!

I don't think so. I think it's just that with the parts situation, panoramic roofs for all ZSs was unsustainable. With the UK being the biggest market, someone made the decision.

It seems that supply is enough to keep the panoramic roof in at least some other markets. Perhaps they feel that they are still breaking into those markets, and need to retain that marketing advantage. Demand seems to be sufficient in the UK (so far) to allow for that loss.

This is all guesswork on my part, I have no inside knowledge.
So much so if you view recent video reviews from NZ & Aus they have the panoramic roof on the top spec?

I understand that SARS-CoV-2 did originate in a Wuhan market but not sure it was spread by the importation of MG ZS EV vehicles...🤣
Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom