Extended Range (77kWh) version?

Deleted member 9196

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any believable rumours or hints as to the likely timescale for the appearance of this model? I'm speculating this time next year, with the dual motor 64kWh version first.

Has anyone seen any believable rumours or hints as to the likely timescale for the appearance of this model? I'm speculating this time next year, with the dual motor 64kWh version first.
I read in Car Magazine that it is due to launch alongside the high performance version “in 2023”.

I'm waiting for this or the third generation ZS with the MG4 style front.

If the Extended Range edition turns up, the car has an official NCAP result rating on their website (not just the YT video for the Mulan), and my other EV order has not yet arrived, then I will switch back to the MG4.

Given it was 'suggested' as a mid-2023 release time period, I guess you could consider it the next year's model. So current MG4 is MY22 and the Extended Range would be MY23. With whatever fixes or adjustments they decide to make after having the MG4 in the wild for a while to 'finesse' any elements of spec, build, etc.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back