Face Lift Space saver wheel.

MikeM

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the space saver wheel for the face lift ZS EV is the same as for my Mk1 version??

Last edited:
I asked Miles the same question and he confirmed it does 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, thanks teepee.

Last edited by a moderator:
It fits but it is technically the wrong size the rolling circumference is smaller as MK2 wheels are bigger and will probably set off abs probably OK in a emergency?

It fits but it is technically the wrong size the rolling circumference is smaller as MK2 wheels are bigger and will probably set off abs probably OK in a emergency?
Yes, I noticed the size difference, but it would only be used in an emergency so would not be on for long. Dont trust the blow up kit provided which is why I have a space saver. I will move that over to the face lift (cant't we find a better name!) next week when it arrives (hopefuly!).

Yes, I noticed the size difference, but it would only be used in an emergency so would not be on for long. Dont trust the blow up kit provided which is why I have a space saver. I will move that over to the face lift (cant't we find a better name!) next week when it arrives (hopefuly!).
How about the Botox as a new name?

To be honest a plug kit is a lot easier than changing the wheel over even if you use them screw in ones

To be honest a plug kit is a lot easier than changing the wheel over even if you use them screw in ones
My brother used one a few years ago, it didn't work and made a right mess of the tyre. I have heard of a couple of similar incidents with them since. Having said that I have also heard of succesful use so it's luck of the draw and maybe also correct use. I do still carry the inflation kit but I also like a space saver. Sort of belt and braces syndrome I suppose.

My sister had a flat on her Toyota the other night.

The AA guy came out, did the plug repair and told her that the tyre was good to drive on, no need to get it repaired properly.

Atleast in Denmark, the "from the outside" plug kit is only to be used for emergencies and is illegal to use as permanent repair.

Only supposed to be used at moderate speeds to get you to the nearest tyre repairshop, they will take the tyre off of the rim, and do a proper inspection of the inside and put a patch on from the inside, if they deem the tyre to be salvageable.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom