FaceLift DC Charge speeds.

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I am curious what DC Rapid charge speeds people are getting on their FL?
and which charger brands.

I don't DC Rapid charge very often but don't remember seeing much above 50kw. I know the max is theoretically 87kw.

I know there are many factors like temp, battery SOC, etc...

I am curious what DC Rapid charge speeds people are getting on their FL?
and which charger brands.

I don't DC Rapid charge very often but don't remember seeing much above 50kw. I know the max is theoretically 87kw.

I know there are many factors like temp, battery SOC, etc...
I don't do it often but I have found it wildly variable. I have once achieved something in the mid eighties but low 70s is more common (obviously slowing down towards the end if I don't get back to the car at the 80% mark)

Not sure how accurate this graph is (@4deg it seems overly optimistic) but it will give you an idea

1712247223457.jpeg

I am going to start paying more attention when rapid charging to see what speeds I am getting. I only started thinking about it when I was doing a road trip and only getting 45kw so had to have a longer break than expected.

It was on a 150kw charger amongst a bank of 12 chargers none of which were being used.

I am going to start paying more attention when rapid charging to see what speeds I am getting. I only started thinking about it when I was doing a road trip and only getting 45kw so had to have a longer break than expected.

It was on a 150kw charger amongst a bank of 12 chargers none of which were being used.
Apart from SoC, battery temperature is the next important variable for the BMS to determine CCS charge rates, unfortunately it is not displayed anywhere on the dash but can be gotten via OBD & app.
I have done this recently and it confirmed the theory that cells are more or less cooled to ambient (or 10 deg, whichever is higher) regardless of distance/speed one is driving..

Apart from SoC, battery temperature is the next important variable for the BMS to determine CCS charge rates, unfortunately it is not displayed anywhere on the dash but can be gotten via OBD & app.
I have done this recently and it confirmed the theory that cells are more or less cooled to ambient (or 10 deg, whichever is higher) regardless of distance/speed one is driving..
Thanks I have been using the pre heat in some cases as well :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom