Facelift Trophy Charger Software Version (Tesla Superchargers)

szymon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I had my first service on my 1 year old Facelift MG5 Trophy, and as part of it the charger software was updated specifically so as to enable charging at Tesla superchargers. Unfortunately there is no difference -- it still fails to charge.

I checked via CarScanner and OBD2 and the version of the software does seem to have been updated (Charger ECU software went from S005R4 to S005R5). Could anyone who has had a software update on a Facelift Trophy and has successfully chargedat a Tesla Supercharger please read and confirm their software version?

Many thanks,

-simon

IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0667.JPG

Ok, but are you selecting the charger number in the app and all that?
Yes, I did it all correctly. I have charged other cars at Tesla superchargers. The behaviour now is exactly the same as it was before the update. That's why I am asking others to also read the version of software they have.

I found someone else on Facebook who also has S005R5, but their car charges correctly on Tesla Superchargers! I guess it must be some other module that needs updating also maybe...

Perhaps we should get people to record their software versions with CarScanner? Might make for an interesting resource.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom