• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Factory re-set?

Eckmash

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Have took the car back to the dealership regarding problems with warning message. The message "Maintain vehicle Immediately". Turned out they had not reset the service interval, strange as it was a brand new car. Second was with the hash up DAB radio arial, they admitted that there is a chip missing and there will be a re-call.
the third was a warning message that SOS system not available (this has only happened once), they didn't find any fault. The forth one worries me, cannot connect to android auto, from a Samsung phone; the phone connects to other cars using the same cable!! Strange thing is that google maps work through voice control but using the icon on the infotainment screen will not connect. They asked me to do a factory re-set, I am just a little worried that this would go back to the settings that would eliminate any updates that have been applied. Can anyone help please?

If SOS couldn’t get a connection then a warning would pop until it get connected again. So in a way it is normal.

Someone on FB had connection issues with Android Auto but finally sussed it out.

If SOS couldn’t get a connection then a warning would pop until it get connected again. So in a way it is normal.

Someone on FB had connection issues with Android Auto but finally sussed it out.
Hi Sky.
I am having connection problems with AA. Any chance you could pop in a link to that thread?
TIA 😉

Re the Google Maps issue ... you say it won't work through the icon on the entertainment screen. Which Icon is that?

Scroll along the screen, it gives you the option of Android auto. Mine will not connect.
Righto ... Three things to look at, first only the left hand USB port is set up for Data, second, it may be your USB lead - some are just set up for charging so be sure you have a data enabled lead, lastly there's a USB setting in your phone that determines if the phones USB socket can be used for file transfer .. that needs to be enabled, I think. (Check the other two first).

Your Google Maps probably work via the voice commands as your phone's audio system is connecting via Bluetooth, I assume just on the phone screen, not the car.

I have the same problem with AA and my Samsung phone. The only way I can get connected is to plug my phone in at the very second the system asks for a phone connection. AND I mean the VERY second! Most annoying!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom