Final test drive before ordering.

remarkable1967

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all, myself and the good lady are going for a second test drive tomorrow before hopefully ordering our MG4 SE SR. That is if the PCP deals aren't as bad as the MG website currently suggests. Other that oil leak & underbody trays, is there anything else I need to bottom out before signing on the dotted line.
Ta.... Mark

Hi all, myself and the good lady are going for a second test drive tomorrow before hopefully ordering our MG4 SE SR. That is if the PCP deals aren't as bad as the MG website currently suggests. Other that oil leak & underbody trays, is there anything else I need to bottom out before signing on the dotted line.
Ta.... Mark
I’m sorry to say I can’t see why the PCP deals would be any different to the MG website, unless you know something different?

I'd been told that there was a glitch on the finance calculation page. If you put in 8000 miles the figures are fine. Go to 9000 miles or any other figure above that and it adds the same £90+ figure to the monthly amount. There is no sliding scale so it's 8000 miles or nothing. I'll speak to the dealer tomorrow.

I'd been told that there was a glitch on the finance calculation page. If you put in 8000 miles the figures are fine. Go to 9000 miles or any other figure above that and it adds the same £90+ figure to the monthly amount. There is no sliding scale so it's 8000 miles or nothing. I'll speak to the dealer tomorrow.
I see. The APR has definitely gone up to 8.9% though.

I see. The APR has definitely gone up to 8.9% though.
Yeah APR has gone up but at 8000 miles, the figures aren't massively different to what I'd seen before Christmas. It appears that the error is when you go anywhere above 8000 miles. This is even with us putting £1500 cash down and a £6500 trade in. There must be a glitch somewhere so I'll bottom it out tomorrow.

Good Luck - I hope that you get the deal that you’re looking for.

I admire MG's consistency, at least the finance calculator is crap like everything else, just like you said 8000 roughly your figures £220 a month.
6000 miles same figures £345 a month 🤔

Yeah APR has gone up but at 8000 miles, the figures aren't massively different to what I'd seen before Christmas. It appears that the error is when you go anywhere above 8000 miles. This is even with us putting £1500 cash down and a £6500 trade in. There must be a glitch somewhere so I'll bottom it out tomorrow.
You would be better getting a five year bank loan with the amount your putting down, your deposit is going to get lost in all that interest.the car will be yours at the end.

You get a yur 4.2% loan with the halifax borry £18600 (with your deposit) sell your car on motorway.
And you pay back £20800 so £2200 pound in interest against.

MG PCP is nearly £6k interest with the balloon payment

Forget the issues highlighted here because assuming you do order, lead time is likely to be at least 16 weeks.
My advice would be to try to enjoy the driving experience. Because in my opinion, the car drives wonderfully. Talk to the dealer about ownership things like charging and how to use the various settings. You will love it.

Forget the issues highlighted here because assuming you do order, lead time is likely to be at least 16 weeks.
My advice would be to try to enjoy the driving experience. Because in my opinion, the car drives wonderfully. Talk to the dealer about ownership things like charging and how to use the various settings. You will love it.
Thank you.
Mark

You would be better getting a five year bank loan with the amount your putting down, your deposit is going to get lost in all that interest.the car will be yours at the end.

You get a yur 4.2% loan with the halifax borry £18600 (with your deposit) sell your car on motorway.

Good advice unless you can squeeze more for your trade in. Because your car will depreciate while you are waiting for delivery. So if you can get a good trade in figure now, it could be better to go with the PCP.

Car ordered today. White MG4 Standard range through WH Brand near Spalding. I can confirm that the finance calculator on the MG website is glitching. The dealer said that Santander were aware of the problem. Anyway, we took out a PCP deal with £1000 cash deposit and they offered me £7300 px for my car which is £800 more than WBAC quoted. Came out at £247 per month over 4 years which includes the £14 per month service plan. We based it on 8000 miles as it only matters if you intend to hand the car back which we wouldn't do. No freebies but was offered MG4 branded mats at £35 which I took. We are well chuffed with the deal. Quoted around 18 weeks for delivery which is fine by me.

Novuna (used to be Hitachi) loans usually have very good % rates. Worth a look to compare.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back