• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

First issue (possibly) - reversing camera blank screen

mmarksx19

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Well, I've had the car a week today, all going well except today the reversing camera just shows a black screen.
The sensors are working but no image. I pressed the 360 camera button and that just gave a black screen too. Its as if the screen is switched off. All the other screen functions work.

The camera worked perfectly yesterday!

Before I book it in and have the hassle of taking it to MG Leeds, has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Many thank.

Michael

Last Sunday I experienced this ‘blank screen’ when reversing. It was working alright but after parking using it, decided to reverse a little more. Screen went blank! Did what I always do with computers , switched car off then on again. Worked perfect after this!

That doing it to often give them a call on Monday about it. Make a note when it happens over the weekend and next week, with luck you may get it in this week but if not you will have a record of it.

We have experienced the same issue since purchasing our MG ZS EV. Sensors work, but camera screen is always grey/black.

Any suggestions? Fuse, wiring, software related?

Try to reset the entertainment system by holding the home button for 15 seconds

Attachments

• bg6e.jpg
    bg6e.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 72
Turned out to be a faulty "module" which had to be replaced. All good now. The module had to be sourced from China, so it took 2 or 3 months before it was fixed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom