First it was Range Anxiety - now I've got Charger paranoia!!

@Frank
Frank, so sorry to hear you're switching to the Kona, but I hope you'll enjoy it.

I'm growing in confidence and had a round trip from Inverness to Aberdeen (210 round trip if direct!), returning through Ballater and over the Lecht. I departed with a pretty full charge, I had a Rapid charge top up at Inverurie (88 miles), and then got to Aberdeen.
Then played golf out at Oldmeldrum, and whilst I did that my wife to the car away that afternoon and clocked up another 50 miles approx.
We then went into Aberdeen for a meal and I topped up at the Gallowgate charging point whilst I parked up in Aberdeen on a fast charge.
Next day, out to Ballater and had a fast charge, again whilst I parked up, whilst we had a bowl of soup with a friend and then headed home over the Lecht and got home with 39 miles still in the tank! Just short of 300 miles and NO angst!!

I'm getting the idea now, I think.

About to get delivery of a new MG ZS. Do the type 2 43kw connectors charge very fast, as does the CSS 50kw?
Hi, sadly not, Type 2 max draw on the MG is 7kw (well actually 6.6 from memory). I have a feeling that only the Zoe with the Quick Charge option (Q90) can utilise the 43kw type 2 charges (although there may be others that can too)

1606206455383.png

This shows the charge curve from low state of charge on a 50 and 150kW charger. If your level of charge is above the final dash on the battery gauge (25%) it will be lower as the MG seems to only want to rapid at its peak speed when the battery is warm and the state of charge is low.

Theres some excellent additional information on charging and the ZS on the owners club FAQ: Charging your MG

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom