First Rapid Charge

KH11

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Done my first Rapid Charge this afternoon. Charged up from 19% to 80% at MFG/Ev Power nearby. I used the Electroverse card as it was showing that you got it at 75p per KW instead of 79p.

I wanted to make sure that the Electroverse card actually worked as I had tried it at IONITY at Skeleton Lakes a couple of months ago and it didn’t work.

Well it worked no problem just flashed the card against the reader and it then said select cable which I did and plugged in the car and off it went charging. Was also pleased with the charge rate as well as it peaked at just over 137kw and it took 24 minutes to go from 19% to 80%. When it reached 80% the charger showed it had stopped charging and it the car bonged and I was able to take the cable out and place back in the charger point.

Well impressed

Attachments

• IMG_6295.jpeg
    IMG_6295.jpeg
    436.8 KB · Views: 78
Nice! I used my Electroverse card to pay for charging from 20 to 90% at Rivington Services in the summer, and still haven't been charged. Don't tell them. Super fast EVPoint chargers as well, charging peaked at over 130kw.

Nice! I used my Electroverse card to pay for charging from 20 to 90% at Rivington Services in the summer, and still haven't been charged. Don't tell them. Super fast EVPoint chargers as well, charging peaked at over 130kw.
I am not likely to be using public chargers much but I will have to use some when I go up to Scotland at Christmas. So I have been having some practice charges in readiness and it’s good to know that the card works especially if you can get a bit of a discount on the charge.

I am not likely to be using public chargers much but I will have to use some when I go up to Scotland at Christmas. So I have been having some practice charges in readiness and it’s good to know that the card works especially if you can get a bit of a discount on the charge.
Just be mindful that depending on where you are going in Scotland electro Erse doesn't have access to that many chargers

That will be me told then
I suppose it did 😂

I have been studying zap map as well as Electroverse and along with the chats on here I ordered a Charge Place Scotland card early doors. I haven’t used it yet so hope it works when I do try to use it.

Just as well you have a card, they are far more reliable than the app or credit card, phone signal can be patchy.

You are probably well aware of that also!!

Just as well you have a card, they are far more reliable than the app or credit card, phone signal can be patchy.

You are probably well aware of that also!!
Only through here to be fair. Have you used the chargers in Scotland much?

Only through here to be fair. Have you used the chargers in Scotland much?
Yeah use the regularly when I go for weekends away.
Charge place Scotland have a good mix of chargers, they have loads of 22 kw chargers which are great if you are spending time somewhere and having a meal etc, as they are not all time limited. The rapid chargers are usually 40 mins

Yeah use the regularly when I go for weekends away.
Charge place Scotland have a good mix of chargers, they have loads of 22 kw chargers which are great if you are spending time somewhere and having a meal etc, as they are not all time limited. The rapid chargers are usually 40 mins
I might need not need to use them if I can get a charge at Gretna Green on the way up. The hotel we are staying at has a 7KW charger which is free to use for guests staying there. I have looked at the Charge Place Scotland one at Cumnock just in case I need a quick top up for the last bit but hopefully I won’t need it.

I have a Trophy but with it going to be winter time I am not expecting to get the advertised range especially if having any heating on and depending on how I drive.

I take it that the charge place Scotland ones are reliable?

Yeah they are reliable and if you have an issue you can ring the number on the charger and they can start it remotely.
Folk were getting about 190 miles out their 4s last winter ( cold spell) less at motorway speeds with heating on.
Apparently these ones are free to use in Cumnock

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230914-193426.png
    Screenshot_20230914-193426.png
    431.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
The ChargePlace Scotland chargers tend to be operated by the local councils, so the price, time limit and overstay fines are set by the council in question and vary quite a lot. There are type 2 chargers in Glasgow car parks that will slap on a £40 fine the second you go over four hours. Which is not good if you like long operas or even a leisurely pre-theatre dinner.

Yeah they are reliable and if you have an issue you can ring the number on the charger and they can start it remotely.
Folk were getting about 190 miles out their 4s last winter ( cold spell) less at motorway speeds with heating on.
Apparently these ones are free to use in Cumnock
Thank you for that

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums