First seen the the wild

Dt99idr

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Driving through a village juat North of Sherborne on the way back from a customer today and drove past my first spot of an mg5 in the wild. A Westminster Silver like my own. Good to see there are others out there!

Driving through a village juat North of Sherborne on the way back from a customer today and drove past my first spot of an mg5 in the wild. A Westminster Silver like my own. Good to see there are others out there!
Not me guv'nor as I'm usually within a 30mile radius of Salisbury. But I've seen several since I've had mine, all within a few miles of Salisbury, and all Westminster Silver as I recall. Good colour eh??Maybe you got yours from Thompson's of Frome as I did? I think there are more about that you'd expect although every time I see a VW T-Roc (what a daft name, eh), coming towards me I have to stop myself flashing my lights. Maybe I should get my eyes tested 🥸

Not me guv'nor as I'm usually within a 30mile radius of Salisbury. But I've seen several since I've had mine, all within a few miles of Salisbury, and all Westminster Silver as I recall. Good colour eh??Maybe you got yours from Thompson's of Frome as I did? I think there are more about that you'd expect although every time I see a VW T-Roc (what a daft name, eh), coming towards me I have to stop myself flashing my lights. Maybe I should get my eyes tested 🥸
I had to go all the way to Guildford to get mine!

I have a red one also in Yeovil but purchased it from Vic Young in South Shields Tyne & Wear On line.
Had it shipped down as they were selling a good prices

I have a red one also in Yeovil but purchased it from Vic Young in South Shields Tyne & Wear On line.
Had it shipped down as they were selling a good prices
Not seen you round town yet - I'll wave if I see you, should be able to notice a Red one!

I stopped to charge at a tesco podpoint free charger yesterday and there was another MG 5 ev parked next to me. We both stayed for Just over the hour. But it will never disconnect properly on podpoint there seems no way to stop the charge alarm from unlocking the door 5 times which I don't like doing.

I stopped to charge at a tesco podpoint free charger yesterday and there was another MG 5 ev parked next to me. We both stayed for Just over the hour. But it will never disconnect properly on podpoint there seems no way to stop the charge alarm from unlocking the door 5 times which I don't like doing.
Out of interest did you get your car locally?

Interesting, I've never had a problem at tesco. Not sure what you mean by 'charge alarm' either?

I've seen MG5s quite regularly at motorway service stations. Last time I was at the charging station at Rugby services (which, by the way, is brand new and very nice), there where three MG5s (including mine), as well as one ZS EV. There was also a Leaf, which looked a bit like it accidentally turned up at the wrong party!

Once I parked up to charge next to another MG5, and I had a chat with the driver about how much we both think our cars are awesome. 😀

Here on the other side of the world, just today in Ban Chang, Thailand, I saw TWO MG EPs (MG5 for you guys)... first sightings in the wild from my MG EP. One white and driving from an opposite red light and one black at a charging station we were checking out.

I really think these cars will take off here once people figure out how cheap they are to run compared to an ICE car. And once the boy racers figure out they can beat the other boy racers easy-peasy, with a cheaper car... watch the heck out!

My black MG5 was parked next to another black MG5 (with sheepskin seat covers!) on Friday in the bays for an old Chargemaster point in the car park of Scarman House, Warwick University. Two untethered ports, one masked off with a load of tape and the other didn't work (it was apparently free ...) when I plugged in. The only other charger on the campus was out-of-bounds due to building works which given they had bays for electric scooters wasn't a great advert for them.

Ended up at a rapid EBS charging point near the local Tesco which for 30 mins sitting reading a book got me most of the charge (at around 65kW) I needed to get home the next day.

In the 12k miles I have done, I have spotted 4, I consider I am an observant driver and naturally “scan” other users so I’m sure I haven’t missed many. The most recent one was a one blue travelling in the opposite direction about 200 metres from my home. 😊

In the 12k miles I have done, I have spotted 4, I consider I am an observant driver and naturally “scan” other users so I’m sure I haven’t missed many. The most recent one was a one blue travelling in the opposite direction about 200 metres from my home. 😊
Bet none of them had sheepskin seat covers, though :)

A red MG5 Exclusive was spotted on charge at Asda in Liscard on Saturday, and a few months ago there was a white Excite on charge at Tesco in Formby.
So there's one or two about in the North West - maybe a meet up should be planned. :)

I live on the Isle of Wight and own a Piccadilly Blue MG5 (since last Thursday). I have so far seen only 2 others in the past 3 months (one red and one blue) but each only once. I couldn't catch the registration number (HW...... for the Isle of Wight) and I suspect they were visitors to the Island. My 5 is the first one to be sold by the new MG dealership in the IW, but I don't know how many if any have been sold by the original dealership. I shall enjoy MG5 spotting!

I thought I'd spotted the first 5 in the wild yesterday as I was coming back from town in my ZS, until I realised it was the missus going the other way. 🙄
homer-doh.jpg

Parked along side a silver MG5 in my ZS EV only last week in a Tesco’s EV Pod Point charging bay, in Harlech ( Wales ) only last Monday.
I was on the phone to my son at the time, so never got a chance to have a chat with the owner.
The car looked new and very smart !.
He just unplugged and slipped out of the car park very silently.
The charging bays are close to the exit and a lot of people, when driving past, where giving us strange looks as we where seen either plugging in a cable in or out of the front of our cars ???.
It’s like they had never seen anybody use these strange looking things before !.
We found them completely by chance after following my son there, because he needed some bits and pieces on our way home.
It looked like they had only recently been installed.
The charging infrastructure in the Harlech area is very few and far between, so it was a real surprise and pleasure to come across them.

I've seen two MG5 in Glasgow area now - a red Exclusive being used as a taxi (not spotted again) and a silver one on the motorway (driver was wearing Hi-Vis vest/jacket so I assumed it was a fleet car for someone).

Now I'm looking at every older style Passat estate as I always mistake them for the MG5 from the front at a distance.

Also constantly see one in local Tesco car park - but it's directly opposite MG dealership so it almost definitely belongs to a salesman there.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom