First seen the the wild

I live on the Isle of Wight and own a Piccadilly Blue MG5 (since last Thursday). I have so far seen only 2 others in the past 3 months (one red and one blue) but each only once. I couldn't catch the registration number (HW...... for the Isle of Wight) and I suspect they were visitors to the Island. My 5 is the first one to be sold by the new MG dealership in the IW, but I don't know how many if any have been sold by the original dealership. I shall enjoy MG5 spotting!
Blue one could have been me Shanklin, not DFL, I live here :) from the original dealership a couple of months ago.

I live on the Isle of Wight and own a Piccadilly Blue MG5 (since last Thursday). I have so far seen only 2 others in the past 3 months (one red and one blue) but each only once. I couldn't catch the registration number (HW...... for the Isle of Wight) and I suspect they were visitors to the Island. My 5 is the first one to be sold by the new MG dealership in the IW, but I don't know how many if any have been sold by the original dealership. I shall enjoy MG5 spotting!
Blue one could have been me: Shanklin, not DFL - I live here :) bought from the "original" dealer.

<Edit> can tell i'm a novice member - managed to post twice.

Parked along side a silver MG5 in my ZS EV only last week in a Tesco’s EV Pod Point charging bay, in Harlech ( Wales ) only last Monday.
I was on the phone to my son at the time, so never got a chance to have a chat with the owner.
The car looked new and very smart !.
He just unplugged and slipped out of the car park very silently.
The charging bays are close to the exit and a lot of people, when driving past, where giving us strange looks as we where seen either plugging in a cable in or out of the front of our cars ???.
It’s like they had never seen anybody use these strange looking things before !.
We found them completely by chance after following my son there, because he needed some bits and pieces on our way home.
It looked like they had only recently been installed.
The charging infrastructure in the Harlech area is very few and far between, so it was a real surprise and pleasure to come across them.
Ooh.. small world, drove back past Harlech from Porthmadog on Tuesday, I'll have to remember that. There's a Tesco in Porthmadog, but they don't got any chargers...

Ooh.. small world, drove back past Harlech from Porthmadog on Tuesday, I'll have to remember that. There's a Tesco in Porthmadog, but they don't got any chargers...
Hi @ArfurM .
Well I was plugged into one of the posts on Monday 2nd August, with a silver MG5 alongside me ????.
Just searched in the Pod Point App to using the post code LL49 9NU for the store in Porthmadog and it is showing !.
I will try and upload the image of the Pod Point App and where the posts are located.
On the image, you will see four spaces on a tight bend of the car park.
There is a single BLUE car parked where the new posts have been placed.
It is a old picture so the posts are NOT displayed in this shot.
But trust me, they are there !.
As you can see, one of the posts are currently in use !.
This is very same post I used myself.

42FB81EF-A8EE-4204-A5AF-8F20C8AFBDBC.png
6F4B6B47-FFF8-4477-B7AE-B512189DDC89.png

At last after 6 months in one week seen 2, both local. A red demonstrator Exclusive driving through Grantham on the High Street, and then a blue Exclusive driving from Bourne towards Grantham. So I am not alone!!!!

They are still a pretty rare beast !.
Mind you, I had my ZS EV in Jan 2020 and it was mid summer before I spotted another one out on the road.
Now I can see one on nearly every other trip !.
The roof bar issue on the MG5 was a big problem for some folks, it did MG no favours AT all.
You had customers cancelling their orders and some new owners very unhappy at the same time !.
I guess the demand for MG5 has stalled a little when the LR model was announced.
Again, this has done MG or the dealers no favours really.
Most manufactures will continue running with a current model for about 2 years, before carrying out a face lift.
This will boost sales again for about another year, until the next gen model arrives.
But releasing a face lift, after such a short period, was NEVER 👎 going to sit well with its present customers.
The timing was completely off !.
They look likely to carry out a similar thing with the ZS EV.
The car is less than 2 years old and it is also being subjected to a face lift and longer range capacity already.
A better situation than the MG5 time wise, but is likely to have a silicate affect with present ZS EV customers.
It’s becoming like a race to get the best mobile phone onto the market !.
You have it 12 months, then it is seen as the “Old School” model already 🤣 !.

I shall enjoy looking out for you, I travel through Lake a couple of times each week...
Give each other a peace sign as you pass, then you'll know it was each other.

Our screw the signal up and start fighting on the street:eek:

Might need a different sign:unsure:

Saw a white one between dorchester and Weymouth, spotted you in time to wave, but not enough to let you out, sorry!

Oddly I've seen a couple since picking my car up, both private hire taxis. One on the M3 heading into london and one poor soul who was having his car collected from beaconsfield services after having a fault with the car during rapid charging.

Saw a white one between dorchester and Weymouth, spotted you in time to wave, but not enough to let you out, sorry!
Now that could definitely of been me, i was all around that area Saturday visiting my brother, normally only skirt bottom end of Yeovil on my way down from Taunton

Give each other a peace sign as you pass, then you'll know it was each other.

Our screw the signal up and start fighting on the street:eek:

Might need a different sign:unsure:
Was it you I saw in the Blue 5 Exclusive on Canteen Road driving towards Apse Heath just after 4.30 today?? You wouldn't have spotted me as I was in my wife's Yaris going towards Whiteley Bank. If it was you then "Hi". If it wasn't you then there are at least 3 of us in Blue 5's. It was definitely an Isle of Wight reg, but I couldn't catch the last 3 letters.

Was it you I saw in the Blue 5 Exclusive on Canteen Road driving towards Apse Heath just after 4.30 today?? You wouldn't have spotted me as I was in my wife's Yaris going towards Whiteley Bank. If it was you then "Hi". If it wasn't you then there are at least 3 of us in Blue 5's. It was definitely an Isle of Wight reg, but I couldn't catch the last 3 letters.
Not unless someone nicked my car and bought it back before i finished work :ROFLMAO:
I'm based around Birmingham.

Blue one could have been me Shanklin, not DFL, I live here :) from the original dealership a couple of months ago.
Was it you I saw in Canteen Road today at about 4.30 driving towards Apse Heath? Definitely a blue Exclusive 5 on HW plate, but I didn't catch the last 3 letters. You wouldn't have seen me as I was in my wife's Yaris going towards Whiteley Bank. If it was you then "Hi". If it wasn't you then there at least 3 of us on the Isle of Wight driving around in blue 5's!

Was it you I saw in Canteen Road today at about 4.30 driving towards Apse Heath? Definitely a blue Exclusive 5 on HW plate, but I didn't catch the last 3 letters. You wouldn't have seen me as I was in my wife's Yaris going towards Whiteley Bank. If it was you then "Hi". If it wasn't you then there at least 3 of us on the Isle of Wight driving around in blue 5's!
Nope - not me, so there's three of us at least then.

Hi @ArfurM .
Well I was plugged into one of the posts on Monday 2nd August, with a silver MG5 alongside me ????.
Just searched in the Pod Point App to using the post code LL49 9NU for the store in Porthmadog and it is showing !.
I will try and upload the image of the Pod Point App and where the posts are located.
On the image, you will see four spaces on a tight bend of the car park.
There is a single BLUE car parked where the new posts have been placed.
It is a old picture so the posts are NOT displayed in this shot.
But trust me, they are there !.
As you can see, one of the posts are currently in use !.
This is very same post I used myself.

View attachment 4400View attachment 4401
Ahh right, that's just me.. Blind as a bat!:)..

..it weren't me (obvs.), mine's white, 'cos I is a cheapskate....

Just came across a blue mg5 around Gatehouse of Fleet near mossyard, beautiful car I was the other blue mg5 on the other side of the road, saw at the time that the flap MG was opened, sorry for the delay, hope you're OK, just thinking about it now, especially with the rain we had today.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom