First service MG5 facelift 2022

Graham5

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Had my first service ( just under 6000 miles) on Friday plus an outstanding update, not sure what the update was should have asked I suppose all covered by the service plan, but great service from WLMG Reading. Dropped car of at 8:30 on way home at 10:15.
Then just as you think things are going well we get the debacle with the app update, preformed the update and now the app won't even open, is it really that hard to get the software right these days.
Forgot to mention they are also ordering front and rear passenger door locks as both mine suffer from not always opening from the inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my first service ( just under 6000 miles) on Friday plus an outstanding update, not sure what the update was should have asked I suppose all covered by the service plan, but great service from WLMG Reading. Dropped car of at 8:30 on way home at 10:15.
Then just as you think things are going well we get the debacle with the app update, preformed the update and now the app won't even open, is it really that hard to get the software right these days.
Forgot to mention they are also ordering front and rear passenger door locks as both mine suffer from not always opening from the inside.
will be reluctantly going for a 10,000 first service soon how much did they charge for the 6,000mile inspection if you don't mind

will be reluctantly going for a 10,000 first service soon how much did they charge for the 6,000mile inspection if you don't mind
Why reluctantly ?

Check for yourself just put in for a 1 year plan.

going by my experience with nissan it's a pollen filter replacement and a look at the tyre wear via a video clip. If they called it an inspection and charged it like that then fair enough but £200 was a joke. Thanks for the info i will take a look.

At least you will get a full year AA membership with an MG service to help.

@snowyy the service was £168.75 which is a bit steep I would say but, as @Gomev says you do get 12 months breakdown. The service plan was a 3yr plan with 0ne MOT for £461.01.They did say I would have to pay the diagnostic fee for the doors locks but I said I won't pay up front for what is a known fault, that bill was £112.50 and is on my bill but not charged.
Hope this helps.

Pay diagnostics for a well documented safety recall? That service manager needs their head checking.

@Lguk I had no intention of paying and made my position clear
@slmorgan42 @snowyy they were asking for payment for the diagnostic check not for repairing the locks which they have ordered and will fit when they get them in, there will be no payment.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom