BillyWhizz

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Had the car in today for the first service at MG Croxdale durham
11800 miles on the car cost of service £100.20 battery SOH 100%
Only problem was a back OS spring broke getting replaced under warranty
Would highly recommend MG Croxdale nice waiting area free refreshments friendly staff

Attachments

• IMG_7222.jpeg
    IMG_7222.jpeg
    716 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Good to hear.

After 3 indifferent years servicing with my gen 1 ZS have switched allegiance to MG Chiswick for the first service on my LRTC. £99, battery also still 100% SOH. Helpful, friendly staff. All in all a good experience - and a very thorough clean inside and out. Highly recommended.

I recently had our first service at Holdcroft Cheshire Oaks for £37.90.
I’d emailed them asking how much and what was involved, included my rego and mileage, they replied and misquoted the price so I phoned them up to check How much (£108 proper price) I told her I’d been quoted a lot less she basically didn’t believe me so I sent her a copy of the email there and then she was gobsmacked but agreed to honour it.
Still got the ‘free’ car wash too that they promise with every service.

Got my car in December and just got my invite for my first service due in October think they must of made a mistake.

I took the Batt Mobile in for it's first service this morning. I asked about firmware updates and they said it was part of their schedule to check for any. Pretty good service if it's true. I'll report back later on how it all went.

I've got the car back. All brakes and tyres good (approx 5% wear on brakes). Traction battery at 98% SOH.

Both rear coil springs have snapped, in exactly the same place where they are anchored to the axle. Waiting for authorisation from MG to fix under warranty.

At £139, not the cheapest, but being in Weston super Mare, convenient for me and excellent service (the same service department for Hyundai where I took my Ioniq and Kona)

12,390 miles with no updates needed (I think JustEVs took care of all that on the PDI). It looks like the springs are the Achilles heel of the ZS. With the Kona, it was the reduction gear which was the weak point.

I forgot to mention, the service department even stamped the service log book I printed out. :)

It will be interesting to hear how long it takes MG to procure x2 replacement rear coil springs.
They where not overly concerned about your continued use of the car, supporting two broken springs then, as they allowed you to drive it away ???.
Did you suspect that you MAY have a problem with the rear suspension yourself, any strange noises coming from the rear end etc ?.
I just find it strange that had the car been submitted for a MOT it would have been an instant fail.
Hopefully the parts will arrive quickly !.

To say I was surprised when they told me both springs had failed, is an understatement. There were no symptoms at all and I did ask about driving it and they said it was fine to drive.

As for the wait, I did ask and it was "how long is a piece of string" answer. There is actually a formula to calculate the length of a peice of string, which is twice the distance from the middle to one end. :)

2 x 1/2 D

Also had my first service today on ZS, apparently still 100% SOH after 12k miles but I’ve only used fast chargers a handful of times. Does this seem realistic? I was expecting at least a few % of degradation? It’s a LR so NMC, and usually charged to around 80-90% with occasional 100% charge for longer trips and balancing.

I had my first service today. It was WLMG Eastcotes dealership service centre in South Ruislip, in the industrial estate behind Lidl etc. I specifically asked for the update so that V2L could work with the car is turned off. They have either not done this update or it has not worked. The vehicle to load still turns off a few minutes after the car is turned off and the doors locked.

In addition the car was booked in to be serviced last Thursday 7th Sept. This was a few days before 12 months were up from the date of purchase. For whatever reason they did not do it then and it had to be rebooked for today. It transpires the 12v battery needs changing and this is done under warranty within the first 12 months. However, because the service was done today and not the day it was booked in, it is out of warranty ( a couple if days past 12 months). They are enquiring to see if it still can be done under warranty as it it was down to them that the car was not serviced within the first 12 months.

I also specifically asked for the Tesla Charger updates. I will try that out this weekend at the ones in Uxbridge shopping centre ( they are open to non Tesla vehicles) as I have picked up from this forum and a few you tube videos they didn't work with some ZS EVs ( facelift version).

Last edited:
@Ruislip Resident

How annoying that the V2L still does not work. I asked for this update before I collected my new car last November, as I had read about it on here. I was quite disappointed to be told ‘there is no such update, the car needs to stay on’ when I knew that wasn’t true.

Hopefully, when my car has it’s first service, the updates I ask for will resolve the issue.

Good luck with the battery replacement.

The updates are VCU EVCC CCU BMS and BCM.
I don’t know if one of these will solve the V2L issue. Hopefully, someone else will be able to confirm.

The updates are VCU EVCC CCU BMS and BCM.
I don’t know if one of these will solve the V2L issue. Hopefully, someone else will be able to confirm.
When our Trophy LR received it's first service in Feb of this year ( Chorley lads ) I asked if they could update the software, that would permit the V2L to discharge power while the car was powered down and then locked.
Prior to this, it could only continue discharging while the car was still in ready mode and unlocked.
Of course, this meant that the DTR lights would be on.
It was correctly updated and it WAS the BCM ( Body Control Module ) that received the update.
This was prior to the non - Tesla mods where available.
I have never tried using one of the non Tesla super charger units yet, therefore I don't know if my car will collect a charge successfully or not ?.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom