Fitting aftermarket Wireless Charger + Android Auto / Apple CarPlay in MG4 Standard

the happy bunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I have just fitted a wireless charger from AliExpress on my MG4 SE. In combination with a CarLinkIt wireless AndroidAuto/Apple CarPlay, it allows for a full wireless experience.

It just works fine.

Here are some pictures documenting the installation

Attachments

• IMG_2553.jpeg
    IMG_2553.jpeg
    533.8 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_2554.jpeg
    IMG_2554.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2555.jpeg
    IMG_2555.jpeg
    640.7 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2557.jpeg
    IMG_2557.jpeg
    295.3 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_2559.jpeg
    IMG_2559.jpeg
    434.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2558.jpeg
    IMG_2558.jpeg
    526.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2551.jpeg
    IMG_2551.jpeg
    593.6 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2552.jpeg
    IMG_2552.jpeg
    610.3 KB · Views: 234
I have just fitted a wireless charger from AliExpress on my MG4 SE. In combination with a CarLinkIt wireless AndroidAuto/Apple CarPlay, it allows for a full wireless experience.

It just works fine.

Here are some pictures documenting the installation
Hi @the happy bunny. Can you provide more details about the installation (fuse box location, how to remove the central console without breaking it etc..). Thanks :)

The fusebox is not readily accessible. I couldn’t tell for sure where it’s located in RHD vehicles, but in LHD cars, it’s on the driver side (left side). You’ll need to open the door and remove the side cover. You will need a panel removal tool.

The fusebox is not readily accessible. I couldn’t tell for sure where it’s located in RHD vehicles, but in LHD cars, it’s on the driver side (left side). You’ll need to open the door and remove the side cover. You will need a panel removal tool.
OK I am French too so LHD. I thnik I understand how to access the fuse box. Once I take out the screws, I can let down the cover. I started trying to remove the central console with a bike tyre lever but it is too big. Would this be enough then to pass the wire from the console through the fuse box?

The provided fuse cable has 2 pins but the fuse box needs a 3 pins fuse...and where does the cable go from the center console to the fuse box ? I Can unmount the console and access the fuse box but i don't know how to fully hide the cable

Last edited:
I've just tried this with no luck. OP Any chance you could take a picture of the fuse tap insitu? Need to know if I've plugged this into the fuse box right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel