Fitting wind deflectors on MG ZS EV

Terry2

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have bought the Autoclover smoked wind/rain deflectors. These come with the 3M sticky tape. It isn't entirely clear from the instructions and the videos I've seen whether the pieces fix over the rubber seal that runs around the doors (so they are placed right at the top of the door) or are only fixed to the metal surround, so the rubber seal remains visible. If anyone has fitted them or know the answer can you advise please.

Message Kithmo on this forum as he fitted smoked wind deflectors to his ZS EV

Attachments

• 20211020_210958.jpg
    20211020_210958.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 171
They fit around the top of the door frame, hold them in position before you remove the backing tape all will become clear.
They are very good and work well, enhance the look of the car

You choose how high you want them. I fitted mine slightly higher than the top of the door frame so they covered about half to three quarters of the rubber. My thinking was the higher they are the less chance of water going on the top and soaking the adhesive, but don't put them too high as to rub on the paintwork above the door frame.

I got the Autoclover ones off Amazon. Delivery was pretty quick but a few £'s more expensive than going direct. Fitted Thursday last week. They do say that the optimum temperature for fitting is between 20-40 centigrade (! - though if below to keep the units inside with that temperature prior to fitting) and not to get wet within 48 hours. Also not to drive for the first 12 hours. I had the benefit of covered parking and left it there for 2 nights. If I didn't have covered parking I probably would have used a sturdy car cover to avoid the current damp night air getting in. Autoclover could probably help directly via their website with any technical/atmospheric questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Buy some spare 3M VHD tape too, the tape may fail in places and it doesn't hurt to have it applied everywhere.

I got the Autoclover ones off Amazon. Delivery was pretty quick but a few £'s more expensive than going direct. Fitted Thursday last week. They do say that the optimum temperature for fitting is between 20-40 centigrade (! - though if below to keep the units inside with that temperature prior to fitting) and not to get wet within 48 hours. Also not to drive for the first 12 hours. I had the benefit of covered parking and left it there for 2 nights. If I didn't have covered parking I probably would have used a sturdy car cover to avoid the current damp night air getting in. Autoclover could probably help directly via their website with any technical/atmospheric questions.
I was just about to buy these and then noticed cede your fitting instructions 😳😳. It’s no longer 20-40 centigrade here in Scotland, I don’t have a covered area and it will definitely get wet. Oh well, may hold off till next summer

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom