FL MG5 infotainment and map upgrade?

rikm1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anyone found out how to upgrade the maps/infotainment on the Facelift MG5?
It doesn't look like the same process as the MG5 SR.

Interestingly reached out to MG PR and they advised the following

It would be Naviextras regarding navigation map updates and your dealership regarding keeping the Infotainment system up to date.

I have tried the Naviextras option before this post to no avail... so back to more testing

After even further testing and being advised by the dealer that the Naviextras toolkit app is what we should used to upgrade the navigation. I have hit more hit more walls in the process so sent the attached document to MG customer service team.

Hopefully, we can move forward...

If anyone can see where my logic is going wrong please advise as happy to understand why this upgrade process is so difficult compared to the windows based Navigation system.

Attachments

• MG5 Trophy UK upgrading naviextra maps issue.pdf
    360.3 KB · Views: 60
Coming rather late to this but...

NaviExtras is the method by which the pre-facelift MG5 navigation is updated.

As I understand it, the facelift MG5 has a completely different method. I think, if you go to this page and log in with your car's VIN number you can find details about updating the maps etc.

HTH.

Coming rather late to this but...

NaviExtras is the method by which the pre-facelift MG5 navigation is updated.

As I understand it, the facelift MG5 has a completely different method. I think, if you go to this page and log in with your car's VIN number you can find details about updating the maps etc.

HTH.

Thanks

Shame the UK customer service weren't able to advise

From the User manuals site guide is provided.

I have added the MG 5 pdf guide ....

Attachments

• Map-Update_-ZS-EV-Comfort-edition-MG5_All-editions_2023-09-18-081956_ekjf.pdf
    198.5 KB · Views: 52
Just to update.

The attached process worked for me.

Make sure you download your cars nav upgrade manual. As software version maybe different.

Note you will need to usb stick of 32GB formatted fat32. The file I downloaded from the link within the PDF was 15.1GB and unzipped to over 20GB.

once you copy the map folder across.
The upgrade time within the car will take about 30-45min...

Still strange to note UK customer service team does not know the difference in upgrade process between Older Exclusive and SE windows based infotainment system and the Facelift android based infotainment system.

Still strange to note UK customer service team does not know the difference in upgrade process between Older Exclusive and SE windows based infotainment system and the Facelift android based infotainment system.

Agreed!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom