Flashing Power light

plant38

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Help Please!!!

I noticed today that the Granny charger is flashing on the power light but the unit is charging the car!

i have looked at the error codes on the back of the charger and it is saying that flashing power light means its ungrounded!

Should I be concenered and looking at contacting the dealer to get this replaced under warranty?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

It wouldn't hurt giving the service department a call they should help

yeah that was my plan for later when they open just thought i would seek out answers/possible solutions from the great hive mind :)

True and has the car charged if so good but be careful with the electrical granny and don't get a buzzzz felling 🙏😊😉

I'd suggest that you try plugging it in at another property first. It could be a fault with your property's wiring.

True and has the car charged if so good but be careful with the electrical granny and don't get a buzzzz felling 🙏😊😉

If the Earth has failed then it's possible that the bodywork on the car is at a raised voltage compared to the ground. Take care.

If the Earth has failed then it's possible that the bodywork on the car is at a raised voltage compared to the ground. Take care.
Well that's a cheerful thought. :)

Could a different socket in the same property, or extension lead if one was used, have a different outcome.

Well that's a cheerful thought. :)

Could a different socket in the same property, or extension lead if one was used, have a different outcome.
If the OP has a cooker socket, with a three pin plug included on the same face plate, try plugging into that one.
The cooker supply socket is on a different circuit to the 2.5mm ring main / socket outlets.
If this is successful, then it may imply that the earth fault is isolated to the ring main / radial circuit(s) in the house.
Worth a go I guess ?.

Mmmmmmm, I wonder.... a small modification to give would be carnickers a jolt.... mmmm

30 years ago I worked in Central MK and security from a nearby Government building noticed parked near by a car with a metal plate hanging down underneath it attached to the car. Cue the evacuation of all the nearby buildings which due to their glass facades meant a very long distance whilst the "bomb squad" pedalled over from Chipping Norton.
About an hour later a Yoof came out of the Dole office to reclaim his car. Apparently he was fed up with people breaking into his car so had rigged up a cattle electric fence to the outside of his car as a deterrent.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom