Flat battery, what could the cause be.

janitor

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I woke up this morning to a flat 12v battery on my mg zs ev mk1,AA turned up and jump started it, all seems fine, i normally leave the wirelessly CarPlay dongle and the obd2 reader connected, do these draw power when the car is shut down, or is it just the cold weather that has caused it, dropped to less than 5c last night, the coldest since I got the car in march, AA recommend booking it in to mg as a precaution, which I will do in the mornin, just wondering if its anything I’m doing that’s caused it.

Usually it's totally random and without warning. Lots of threads on it if you use the search. :)

Upvote 0
I woke up this morning to a flat 12v battery on my mg zs ev mk1,AA turned up and jump started it, all seems fine, i normally leave the wirelessly CarPlay dongle and the obd2 reader connected, do these draw power when the car is shut down, or is it just the cold weather that has caused it, dropped to less than 5c last night, the coldest since I got the car in march, AA recommend booking it in to mg as a precaution, which I will do in the mornin, just wondering if its anything I’m doing that’s caused it.
The 12v battery on an EV doesn't have a large capacity so doesn't take much extra connected to it to drain it.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom