Foot rest

dsimpkins

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I removed my foot rest today so that I could take some measurements from it, and hopefully create a revised version that is a different angle to be more comfortable. What a mess was lurking underneath it! Needless to say, it's been cleaned up.

I also found a bit of liquid on the side of the centre console, hoping that's just residue from where I've used cleaning spray in the past, and not a leak from somewhere. You can see it along the bottom edge of the console in the picture.

I also noticed that the covers over the screws for the centre console are marked with a black line. I assume this is to detect if anyone works on the car, and possibly void warranty. Other side was also marked.

Under foot rest.jpg

That's great to hear, I'd love a better angle, it is facing somewhat the wrong way in two different dimensions for me.
Yes, it pushes the top of my foot inward, and also is too steep an angle.

What do you think you'll make the revised footrest from?
PETG, should be strong enough, and resist the higher temperatures you get in cabins.

Assuming I can fit it on the build plate of my printer. It's quite large, and may be beyond the capabilities of my 3D printer.

Yes, it pushes the top of my foot inward, and also is too steep an angle.

PETG, should be strong enough, and resist the higher temperatures you get in cabins.

Assuming I can fit it on the build plate of my printer. It's quite large, and may be beyond the capabilities of my 3D printer.
I have a Neptune 3 max so will be able to print it.

(It’s me that printed the console tray)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel