For Tusker order folk... 🚙💨

richlove

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Seen quite a few messages of frustration from people with MG4 orders through Tusker (salary sacrifice lease company) and people getting tempted to cancel. Just wanted to put a quick thread here with my experience and perhaps a bit of hope.

I ordered my blue SE SR on December 9th, and since that day the status never changed from 'Awaiting build slot'. For those who may not be aware, the orders from Tusker are then taken up by any number of dealers with access to their system. I called Tusker a few times for an update, they said that their status updates are pulled in from the specific dealer who has picked up the order and it may be better to contact the dealer directly.

Since that point, I've been in direct contact with Perry's (Luton), who is actually a Hyundai dealer (though part of a larger group). I initially emailed, though the replies weren't consistent. Since then, I called pretty regularly and got to know a couple of the staff, who have been helpful.

The main purpose of the message is to say don't read too much into the Tusker status, my SE is now here at the dealer, hoping for delivery within the next week. Even when Perry's told me the car was leaving China, on a boat, at Portbury, in transit to Perry's the status never changed from 'Awaiting build slot.

Clearly, this isn't ideal. So, for anybody with an outstanding Tusker order, I'd recommend finding out who your dealer is, calling them, trying to find somebody specific to help, then staying in touch regularly with that point of contact for updates. There may be some hope 🤞🏽

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back