• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Frasers Falkirk - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

That's bad crack, I have a service contract with these guys so will be on the look-out when my service is due also dave how did you find out ?
Prior to the service I had put some electrical tape on the cap and reservoir of the brake fluid. This tape was untouched meaning the cap had not been opened. I also took out the 'new' pollen filter. It was filthy. This was the 2nd service.

Prior to the service I had put some electrical tape on the cap and reservoir of the brake fluid. This tape was untouched meaning the cap had not been opened. I also took out the 'new' pollen filter. It was filthy. This was the 2nd service.
That scenario should be reported to MG UK - plus an email to their HQ in Edinburgh might shake them up.

Hi all, we periodically have a look at this forum and thought it would be best to explain the background from our side of what unfortunately went wrong on the day.
When the customer was booked in it was mistakenly booked in on our workshop diary for a 1 year service, not a 2 year service.
On the day of the visit our Service Manager (away on holiday) and our workshop foreman (on phased return to work after a medical issue) were both off that day. Either one of them would've picked up on the mistake with the booking or the service on the day, sorted it there and then and ensured that the correct service was completed by the technician.
Once we were informed of the items not being replaced by the Service Desk team, we immediately watched the service back again on CCTV and saw that the brake fluid and pollen filter hadn't been replaced and it was a 1 year service that was completed. Everything else including the updates were completed as they are supposed to be. As mentioned we have offered a free service next time round and also to re-book in to change the brake fluid and pollen filter that were missed. This return visit still hasn't been booked as we are waiting on the customer calling us back as requested to arrange this and we are keen to do it ASAP. We were not at all happy about the situation and have dealt with it internally and we again apologise for the hassle and inconvenience.
We are a family owned and operated business (with no HQ in Edinburgh), we do our best to offer the best customer service possible and didn't intentionally not complete the correct service. We sell and look after a lot of vehicles and disappointingly our standards slipped that day, we let ourselves and the customer down but unfortunately mistakes can sometimes happen and at some point we have all made them.
However you need to learn from your mistakes and we were grateful to have been made aware of it. It was a perfect storm of circumstances and we have taken steps to ensure that even if the senior members of the aftersales team are all absent one day that this doesn't happen again, keeping it as the isolated incident it was.
We understand these events could dent some confidence in us however we would welcome the chance to gain that back as we know that we are better than the events that unfolded on that day.

Regards,

Andrew Dickson & David Wishart
Managing Directors, Frasers of Falkirk

Last edited:
Am a customer at Falkirk and hopefully the internal action has resolved the matter to the relief of all the Fraser's customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, we periodically have a look at this forum and thought it would be best to explain the background from our side of what unfortunately went wrong on the day.
When the customer was booked in it was mistakenly booked in on our workshop diary for a 1 year service, not a 2 year service.
On the day of the visit our Service Manager (away on holiday) and our workshop foreman (on phased return to work after a medical issue) were both off that day. Either one of them would've picked up on the mistake with the booking or the service on the day, sorted it there and then and ensured that the correct service was completed by the technician.
Once we were informed of the items not being replaced by the Service Desk team, we immediately watched the service back again on CCTV and saw that the brake fluid and pollen filter hadn't been replaced and it was a 1 year service that was completed. Everything else including the updates were completed as they are supposed to be. As mentioned we have offered a free service next time round and also to re-book in to change the brake fluid and pollen filter that were missed. This return visit still hasn't been booked as we are waiting on the customer calling us back as requested to arrange this and we are keen to do it ASAP. We were not at all happy about the situation and have dealt with it internally and we again apologise for the hassle and inconvenience.
We are a family owned and operated business (with no HQ in Edinburgh), we do our best to offer the best customer service possible and didn't intentionally not complete the correct service. We sell and look after a lot of vehicles and disappointingly our standards slipped that day, we let ourselves and the customer down but unfortunately mistakes can sometimes happen and at some point we have all made them.
However you need to learn from your mistakes and we were grateful to have been made aware of it. It was a perfect storm of circumstances and we have taken steps to ensure that even if the senior members of the aftersales team are all absent one day that this doesn't happen again, keeping it as the isolated incident it was.
We understand these events could dent some confidence in us however we would welcome the chance to gain that back as we know that we are better than the events that unfolded on that day.

Regards,

Andrew Dickson & David Wishart
Managing Directors, Frasers of Falkirk
Thank you for your comprehensive side of events.

Just to clarify...

1. At the service desk as I handed the keys over I chatted with your member of staff about it being a 2 year service. This chat included mentioning both the pollen filter and the brake fluid. At that point it was clear it was a 2nd service. I was also charged for a 2nd service so somebody knew it was the 2nd service. Furthermore, when I phoned to book the car in for the service I asked how much the service would cost. I was quoted £194.01 (from memory). This is the cost of a 2nd service, not a first. So at multiple points it was made clear it was a 2nd service.

2. On me querying, before I had left the premises, why the service sheet showed that only a one year service had been carried out, the lady at the desk went and spoke to the mechanic/technician. He then stated that it was indeed the 2nd service work that had been carried out. And a new service sheet was filled in showing all the 2nd service requirements had been actioned. That is the part that I struggle with. I fully understand that mistakes can be made. But please don't lie about it. He could have put his hands up and be honest. If I hadn't been a bit proactive then this would never have been spotted. The brake fluid is changed at 30,000 miles for a reason, that of safety. Through no fault of my own, I would have ended up driving with brake fluid that was 60,000 miles old, possibly endangering anyone both in and out of the car.

3. Re "this return visit has still not been booked" I work full time and in addition am having to cope with winding up my mum's estate. I found the time to get the service done initially. I am struggling to re-find the time to get the service done properly.

4. And a question, you state that everything else was completed as it should be.... So did the batteries in the keyfobs get changed as per the schedule? If they did , then why? They are not due at the first service. If the batteries were not changed, then why state that everything else was completed?

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be wiser to have your discussion offline and just report the outcome.

It may be wiser to have your discussion offline and just report the outcome.
I'm thinking the same. I'm just annoyed that a more comprehensive explanation was put on here than was actually ever given to me.

Just to report that my MG ZS was in to Frasers of Falkirk for its second service last month. During the service a knock from the steering was identified. New part ordered and fitted today 21/11/2022. Knowing that other forum members have had issues with steering problems, delays to obtaining and fitting parts etc. I have found Frasers to provide an excellent service, particularly Christine who is always professional, polite and always ensures I leave delighted.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom