Free home charging point ?

What is the best value tethered ev charge point installed? Nothing fancy, but one that adjust charge automatically depending on household load. I have a 60A main fuse. Any thoughts, I see a lot of people mention the zappi v2.1 at around £1075 installed, anything cheaper and just as good, I don't have solar. Like I said before, total newbie to all this, but my MG4 is being delivered within the next three weeks.
I don’t have solar, but the way things are going, I will be looking into it in a few years time when hopefully the price Comes down again.

For this reason, and for your reasons above, plus the ease of use, I went for the latest Zappi, tethered. Trying to future proof myself as best as I can.

Got a local firm (notts/Lincs Border) to source and fit for £850.00 incl VAT….. I suggest you try to shop around a little 👍

Nice one, I'm retiring, quite very early - had enough too - in Feb 2023 - can't wait🥳
I went to retire in 2017. It was all nicely lined up until a nice lady from HR told me they were having trouble recruiting me MK2 and would I think about staying on "even if it's part time"?

Had a word with SWMBO and we figured it might be advantageous so I went for 3 days a week, with a slightly later start time.

It was a perfect arrangement and lasted exactly a twelvemonth. It allowed me to taper off gently without a big bump, keep an eye on a couple of the projects with which I'd been involved and watch them come to fruition but with definitely limited capacity to start significant new work.

I kept up the salary sacrifice payments into the pension plan as well.

I'd recommend that to anyone.

I went to retire in 2017. It was all nicely lined up until a nice lady from HR told me they were having trouble recruiting me MK2 and would I think about staying on "even if it's part time"?

Had a word with SWMBO and we figured it might be advantageous so I went for 3 days a week, with a slightly later start time.

It was a perfect arrangement and lasted exactly a twelvemonth. It allowed me to taper off gently without a big bump, keep an eye on a couple of the projects with which I'd been involved and watch them come to fruition but with definitely limited capacity to start significant new work.

I kept up the salary sacrifice payments into the pension plan as well.

I'd recommend that to anyone.
I guess its each to their own. I've been offered a similar thing with a 3 day week plus a very similar salary to now. But there is load of things I want to do, enjoy the grandkids a lot more and most importantly , not get carried out of the office in a box. Helps I've got a great pension though 😅

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom