Free Parking !! :-)

Curious rules! Mrs C only got her blue badge a couple of months ago. It is clear in the documentation that the badge is registered in the badge holders name and not the vehicle.

Yes that's what I've always thought but since 'parkingeye' took over the parking duties recently they seem to have made new rules. I've taken Mam a couple of times since then & one thing I've noticed since these people have taken over is the big main car park is virtually empty, Over the years I've been taking my parents there it's always been chocabloc & very hard to get a parking space.
Makes you wonder how many have fallen foul to these new parking laws for the car park to be so deserted?

I applied for the Leeds one and was told it's only for residents of Leeds though.
Rotherham doesn't have it, but Sheffield does and because Rotherham has a Sheffield post code I managed to get a free permit for Sheffield. I've not used it yet, due to Covid and it's due for renewal at the end of this month.
I applied for mine a couple of days ago and got the email confirming that my application had been successful this morning.😀

Thanks for mentioning it. I have sent the link to a friend of mine who has an MG5 and lives in Rotherham.

My wife's Blue Badge is registered to the MGZS at the local (Colchester) hospital and PCC. The Badge has to be re registered to any other car that may be used to take her for appointments, etc.
If a family member takes her to the hospital it is less complicated for them to use my MG than to attempt to temporarily re register the badge to their car! I have had to include several of my family on my car's insurance as a result!
Parking does become somewhat confusing when visiting a place for the first time!

If it doesn't say to register on the signs then they haven't got a leg to stand on. Sounds like they were trying it on to get the £70. :mad:
Mentioned on this site before but worth a repeat. There's an online forum very successfully contesting private and council parking tickets (WITHOUT resorting to Freemen on the Land rubbish).

Check out forums.pepipoo.com

Top tip: especially with Private parking tickets, do NOT give any hint as to who the driver is. No "I did this", "I did that", "the wife did this" etc. It's always "the driver did this, that or the other".

Leeds does have a free parking policy for residents with electric vehicles, unfortunately the department that administers the permits hates giving them out, doing their best to find a reason not to issue them. When I challenged them they told me it was a policy being forced on them and they certainly acted in accordance. I had to appeal to one of the councillors to get a permit.

Leeds does have a free parking policy for residents with electric vehicles, unfortunately the department that administers the permits hates giving them out, doing their best to find a reason not to issue them. When I challenged them they told me it was a policy being forced on them and they certainly acted in accordance. I had to appeal to one of the councillors to get a permit.
I had no problem whatsoever getting mine from Leeds council, they even sent a renewal this year without me doing a thing.
What reason did they give for not wanting to give you one?

Took two applications to get mine

I had another hospital appointment for Mam at Bolton again on Monday and I got talking to chap in the car park who told me he registered his blue badge with reception but had just received a £70 parking fine through the post.
He'd just been into reception to query why he had got the parkingeye fine even though he'd registered the car & badge over two weeks prior, Turns out the reception people just log your details with pen & paper & put it in a folder on the shelf without putting it into the computer system :eek:
I just don't use those disabled bays any more for fear of another parkingeye fine, I'd rather pay the car park fee in the regular parking bays.

I applied for the Leeds one and was told it's only for residents of Leeds though.
Rotherham doesn't have it, but Sheffield does and because Rotherham has a Sheffield post code I managed to get a free permit for Sheffield. I've not used it yet, due to Covid and it's due for renewal at the end of this month.
My friend who lives in Rotherham had his application turned down! He said that he was not going to bother appealing re the decision.

My friend who lives in Rotherham had his application turned down! He said that he was not going to bother appealing re the decision.
Does he have a Sheffield post code ?
There are now some free parking while you charge bays in some car parks in Sheffield that anyone can use.

I had another hospital appointment for Mam at Bolton again on Monday and I got talking to chap in the car park who told me he registered his blue badge with reception but had just received a £70 parking fine through the post.
He'd just been into reception to query why he had got the parkingeye fine even though he'd registered the car & badge over two weeks prior, Turns out the reception people just log your details with pen & paper & put it in a folder on the shelf without putting it into the computer system :eek:
I just don't use those disabled bays any more for fear of another parkingeye fine, I'd rather pay the car park fee in the regular parking bays.
I hope he's telling them where to shove their fine...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom