From Last Charge not resetting

EV convert

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
The 'From Last Charge' display has not reset for the last two charges so as you can see from the pic, I've done 356 miles and still have 69% charge (I wish).

When it didn't reset on the first charge I thought I'd try it again next time to see if it worked - but no. It is not the end of the world but irritating none the less.

Has anybody had a similar occurrence and if so, have you managed to rectify it (or have suggestions I could try)?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_6041.jpg
    IMG_6041.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for the feedback - it appears all is not lost.

Did it start resetting again by itself or did you need to do something to prompt it?

Hi Rip Van and thanks for your input.

Yes the % and range do look normal and appear to be reflecting what's happening, it's just the mileage that is inaccurate. It also makes me wonder is the miles/kWh is for the whole 356 miles or potentially since the last charge as it does move quite a bit and the bigger the total, the slower the average consumption will change.

Looking at other threads and comments, I now wonder of the car is locking the charging cable cleanly because that may be the trigger to reset the Since Last Charge counter. Will investigate at next charge and post any findings.

I think that's similar to what happened with mine. I'll pay more attention next time, both with the figures and the plug, which I hadn't thought about.
If there is a next time.

Do you mean it has not automatically reset ?
If so can you not just long press "OK" to manually do it ?
:unsure:

Kithmo,
Thanks for the suggestion, I just tried it and yes it can be reset manually - if I remember. However, this is the first (and second) time it hasn't done it automatically so I don't know what has changed.

As I said initially, it is (was) annoying but not critical and does not cause other problems although it is inconvenient. Will see what happens at the next charge.

The 'From Last Charge' display has not reset for the last two charges so as you can see from the pic, I've done 356 miles and still have 69% charge (I wish).

When it didn't reset on the first charge I thought I'd try it again next time to see if it worked - but no. It is not the end of the world but irritating none the less.

Has anybody had a similar occurrence and if so, have you managed to rectify it (or have suggestions I could try)?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.
Just happened to me first time tonight. Had car for 2 months and never happened

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 528 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel