Front auto grille opening

kelloggs

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi. I noticed today that the front grill on my trophy was open while sat locked in the drive. It’s usually closed s o I’m wondering if it’s stuck. Does anyone know what the control criteria are for opening and closing. Eg ambient or battery temperature?

Hi. I noticed today that the front grill on my trophy was open while sat locked in the drive. It’s usually closed s o I’m wondering if it’s stuck. Does anyone know what the control criteria are for opening and closing. Eg ambient or battery temperature?
It's supposed to be based on battery pack temperature

I recall someone else posting previously about about their grill being stuck open (on one side), and my recollection is that they had an SE LR.

I can't imagine it would do much use being open with the car stationary, so yes worth a check to see if it is stuck.
Maybe mid summer if the fan was running it would stay open when stationary, not at this time of year though, my cooling fan has yet to move.
Sounds like yer flaps are buggered :(

When we picked ours up the near side one was stuck open. They said they sorted it out when it was in but how do you actually know its working

If its motor driven, assuming it needs 12v supply active, I would imagine it should close in ready/drive state when the weather is cold...and open when the battery gets warmer...but 🤷‍♂️ until we get warmer weather or you have a lengthy drive and then check?

First Post....unless you are just making a generic statement for other members then 👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back