Front Bumper Removal

weejangus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

First time poster, long time lurking.

We bought a new MG ZS EV towards the end of 2022 and I have managed to break the front Charge Port hinge.

Now, I could make up an elaborate story about how the wife managed to break it, but the reality is, I walked into it without realising it was open!

The front colour coded section is fine and just slides off. But I wanted to replace the broken part over the coming weeks.

Having seen posts regarding this issue on here, I know that some have managed to glue it back on but I’m not looking to do this. I want to replace the broken hinge.

I’m aware that the front bumper needs to be removed in order to replace it properly.

Does anyone have any experience removing the bumper by any chance that could give some pointers?

I’m fairly handy with the tools and I expect the wheel arches will need to come off, also any screws / bolts underneath and on top of the bumper. Will also need to disconnect the front sensors and I’m hoping it just pops off at the sides.

But is there anything hidden / unusual about this one I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance. If no one’s tried it yet, I’ll give it a go and document as I do.

Jay

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom