Front camera / Sensor covered in condensation!?

ElectricBenSolar

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Started driving today, noticed quite a lot of condensation on the front windscreen, however, less than 10 minutes into driving and I get a warning for “front camera is covered”.

I stopped the car and looked around the cameras/sensors to notice a large amount of condensation inside the front sensor bubble.

First of all, how on earth did this get in there? Secondly, how did I get rid of it! I see no way to open this area and seems sealed.

I’ve had the heating on the whole journey (about an hour), and there seems to be no difference in the amount of condensation… I keep getting the warning pop-up. This seems pretty crazy for a brand-new (six months old), MG5… Another thing on the list of “not great”’s…

Attachments

• IMG_3539.jpeg
    IMG_3539.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 64
Hi there. This is my first winter with my MG5 (LR, pre-facelift). I've had the exact same problem over the last week where the temperature has had a big drop. It does seem to be a car that very prone to fogging up, but the area of the camera was staying fogged up long after the windscreen is completely clear. I was considering taking a hair-dryer to the general area as an experiment, but I would imagine that this would be a very temporary fix.

Sorry to hear that, but good to know I’m not the only one (unfortunately…) mine is still not clear, and it’s been several days since the cold weather, I have bought some of the recommended The dehumidifying packs, however this shouldn’t necessary or be a standard to operate by! The car is practically brand-new, quite disappointing, not to mention dangerous!

I wonder does MG actually check these forums? I have sent MG emails and tweets but yet to hear back about any issue. Anyone else have more luck?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom