Frunk fitted to 2022 MG ZS EV LR

tony powell

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Got my Frunk today and fitted it - you need a 10 m socket to remove a bolt , a 6mm alan key and a 5 mm alan key to screw the fitting bolts in.
3628A458-1D3D-4990-B3C4-843658922B46.jpeg
4922BC88-426C-4750-B924-267537553B14.jpeg

I got the frunk for my ZS from Lidl. It had previosly served as a vegetable box. My intention was to use it to help me size a frunk I planned to make..... But.....when offered up the vegetable box did the job of a frunk just fine. I held it in place with a bungee. Granted it would win a concourse award but it is easily demountable.

Just noticed your funk box fitted, looks good, where did you obtain the box. I would like to fit the same to my ZS.

I got the frunk for my ZS from Lidl. It had previosly served as a vegetable box. My intention was to use it to help me size a frunk I planned to make..... But.....when offered up the vegetable box did the job of a frunk just fine. I held it in place with a bungee. Granted it would win a concourse award but it is easily demountable.
When you say previously use as a veg box was that a Lidl own box or did you buy the box to use as a veg box? Any chance of a picture please?

Just noticed your funk box fitted, looks good, where did you obtain the box. I would like to fit the same to my ZS.
Ev accessories ireland
Thank you, Tony, I contacted the site and although they look good and very efficient the price has put me of buying one. I have noticed that another ZS owner has used a vegetable box from Lidl, I have gone with this and fixed it place using a bungee, does the job just perfectly. My wife has the MG ZS LR, and you may notice I now use a KIA Neo EV and I have added a funk box to it, works perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_20221130_145115[1].jpg
    IMG_20221130_145115[1].jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_20221130_145217[1].jpg
    IMG_20221130_145217[1].jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_20221130_145217[1].jpg
    IMG_20221130_145217[1].jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 571
I think this Irish version on fits the Mk II ZS EV (or refresh version if you prefer)
I have seen a post about using small plastic storage boxes.

This is my home made frunk. A cheap plastic storage basket, held snugly by a couple of bungees hooked into cable ties fitted into the various holes under the bonnet. All easily removable when the car goes for service.

Attachments

• 266E8EA3-BF81-4FFC-BA2D-E815D1A79790.jpeg
    266E8EA3-BF81-4FFC-BA2D-E815D1A79790.jpeg
    536.7 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
Thank you, Tony, I contacted the site and although they look good and very efficient the price has put me of buying one. I have noticed that another ZS owner has used a vegetable box from Lidl, I have gone with this and fixed it place using a bungee, does the job just perfectly. My wife has the MG ZS LR, and you may notice I now use a KIA Neo EV and I have added a funk box to it, works perfectly.
Does it heat up in the frunk at all? thanks

Does it heat up in the frunk at all? thanks
I have the ZS Mk2 Facelift with the EV Accessories Ireland Frunk and have had this since I got the car in January. I've been up and down the country on motorway journeys and commute in and out of work as well. I've not had any issues with heat or temperature in under the bonnet at all, there is still plenty of ventilation in under the bonnet with the frunk installed.
My only advise about the EV Accessories Ireland Frunk on the MK2 would be that I noticed a lot of "play" in the front right corner of the Frunk and this may cause a stress issue with the frunk bouncing up and down while driving, or at worst if it keeps bouncing up and down on top of the electronics may cause an issue with them as well. So to counter this I installed an additional bracket in the front right corner of the frunk and bolted it to the front plastic bracket at the front of the car to stop the bouncing. No more issues.

I've done extensive temperature logging and the charger surface temperature is increased by less than 2C (while ac - 7KW charging) with my homemade frunc. The temp in the frunc by even less. See this thread for more details

My Frunk/Froot sat on wood and bolted to the 2 m8s, I was surprised how tall I could go I also didn’t want to have to cut clearance around that black wire perfect for my type 2 cable

Attachments

• IMG_7797.jpeg
    IMG_7797.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 249
Do people remove the frunk [DIY or EV Accessories (Ireland)] if the car is going in for a service? What do the garages say if it is in place?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom