Frunk solution ZS

Still no Frunk from Ireland yet, Feb 22 - seems to be vapourwave.
I got a reply from them, they said they have just finished the first version for the ZS EV in the last few days. Also they are going to be taking measurements for the new LR ZS EV in the coming weeks.

Hopefully both versions will be very similar, if not the same, in size and design.

Their website is Home | EV Accessories Ireland

Just seen this on facebook

Anyone help them ?

frunk.jpg

Just seen this on facebook

Anyone help them ?

View attachment 6885
I'd love to help them out but haven't got my car as of yet. From the updates I got from my dealer its going to be a while yet before anybody in Ireland gets their cars! Originally ordered on 05/01/2022, was told April delivery, then received an update 3 weeks later and it was changed to November. Hope they get someone to volunteer for the hour, would be a very welcome and useful addition.

Good evening , we met a Dutch couple last week in Edinburgh at the ev chargers , The gentleman had made his own with a metal frame set in with 4 screws and a lidded plastic box set in . They also had the cable to convert electric from your car and they boiled a kettle and made theirselves a cup of tea . :)

They had the New ZS Trophy Connect they ordered December 2021 and took delivery January 2022.
We ordered our New ZS Trophy Connect in January and its been pushed back now till June 2022 :(

Good evening , we met a Dutch couple last week in Edinburgh at the ev chargers , The gentleman had made his own with a metal frame set in with 4 screws and a lidded plastic box set in . They also had the cable to convert electric from your car and they boiled a kettle and made theirselves a cup of tea . :)

They had the New ZS Trophy Connect they ordered December 2021 and took delivery January 2022.
We ordered our New ZS Trophy Connect in January and its been pushed back now till June 2022 :(
Ordered mine in November 21 and have been told it will be September 22

To be honest and it might be an irrational fear, but if i was to have a frunk retrofitted, i would go for a plastic one instead of a metal one.

1. Metal will be a lot stronger, in case of an accident it might change the crush properties of the front.
2. "Home made" metal box, very close to electric components in the "engine compartment". Would be worried it shorted something out, over time or that it might lead to "unforseen consequences" in case of an accident.

On a sidenote.

I have had bonnet lifters (hood lifters / gas struts) retrofitted to the last 2 cars i owned, makes it a lot easier to get into the engine compartment.

I see there are gas strut kits available for the ZS EV, but the ones i found were either for the petrol/hybrid version or the "old" version.

Anyone know, if these will also fit the 2022 ZS EV. Especially if i get a frunk retrofitted, these lifters would make a huge difference in my opinion.

Anyone know, if these will also fit the 2022 ZS EV. Especially if i get a frunk retrofitted, these lifters would make a huge difference in my opinion.
I can say 100% that they would fit the new face lift model, but I can not see why they would not fit to be honest ?.
Usually the mounting holes for the new gas strut are picked up from the holes already produced in the car, like one of the bolts that secure the front wing to the inner wing etc.
A quick photo comparison between both models would confirm this ?.
I would be extremely surprised if they did not fit myself, but can not be 100% sure.

Any one fancy some DIY to save some money? I knocked this up and it works fine, I'm sure someone could do a better job than me. I had to take the motor cover off when I couldn't disconnect the charge plug at a charger so needed the emergency release and couldn't be bothered to refit straight away. Saw the big unused area so decided to see what I could come up with. I could fit a larger box with a cut out for an air con pipe that's in the way. The one in the EV accessories film has a cut out for it. I bought the box in Asda for £3, added some wood off cuts under the lip of the box for strength and drill/screwed straight through the plastic carrier.
IMG_1014.JPG
IMG_1016.JPG

Any one fancy some DIY to save some money? I knocked this up and it works fine, I'm sure someone could do a better job than me. I had to take the motor cover off when I couldn't disconnect the charge plug at a charger so needed the emergency release and couldn't be bothered to refit straight away. Saw the big unused area so decided to see what I could come up with. I could fit a larger box with a cut out for an air con pipe that's in the way. The one in the EV accessories film has a cut out for it. I bought the box in Asda for £3, added some wood off cuts under the lip of the box for strength and drill/screwed straight through the plastic carrier.View attachment 8192View attachment 8193
There’s a thread kicking about with similar solutions to this - the ZS frunk has a bit more width but unsure what the final version of MG5 from this company will look like. Possibly not too dissimilar to these box solutions.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom