Full charge displays 220 KM

facultative

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
When I complete a full charge, before I disconnect the cable, I always check the display on the screen , it shows 260 KM. Once I disconnect the cable and turn the power on from inside the car, the display shows the range available to be only 220, not 260 km. Anyone got any idea what is going on with this discrepancy. Many thanks in advance.

GOM is doing it's calculation on previous drives, and if you drive with a hard foot or in different weather conditions it will always variet. Wish we had summer here too 🤗🌅

Upvote 0
When I complete a full charge, before I disconnect the cable, I always check the display on the screen , it shows 260 KM. Once I disconnect the cable and turn the power on from inside the car, the display shows the range available to be only 220, not 260 km. Anyone got any idea what is going on with this discrepancy. Many thanks in advance.
I'm assuming when you turned the car on and seen 220klm range you probably had the HVAC system on. Turn all the accessories/gear off and you should see 260klm. As you turn things on range drops, particularly with HVAC. Enjoy your ZS.

Upvote 0
330km from a first gen ZS is surely not correct ? Thats around 200 miles. I have never seen more than 270km estimated range when fully charged and I have only ever charged at home. Can you post a picture showing your 330km range after charging ? If you can get that here in France there must be something wrong with mine - and my neighbour who has exactly the same model as me ! BTW we are not far from you in Roussines 16310.
In reply to your queries re 300+km, my car ( currently on charge with granny ) is at 92% showing 302km in Normal and 336 km in Eco. The voltage is 442V at the moment.
For completeness, it is a MK1 LHD European, and the 3rd photo shows SW version.
My garage in Cognac are not MG experts, multi-marque , selling other EVs as well.
(They did a SW update in about Sep 21 which allowed charging to take place in unlocked car.)
Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_20220213_135251.jpg
    IMG_20220213_135251.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20220213_135303.jpg
    IMG_20220213_135303.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20220213_135358.jpg
    IMG_20220213_135358.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0
Thanks for that. I have no idea how that is happening with a 1st gen ZS. The new model can achieve that but here are the official figures and my 1st gen complies with the stats shown. Do you "actually" get 330km + when you drive it ?

20220213_174625.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for that. I have no idea how that is happening with a 1st gen ZS. The new model can achieve that but here are the official figures and my 1st gen complies with the stats shown. Do you "actually" get 330km + when you drive it ?

View attachment 6951
Barrie, I have never been able to achieve the range indicated. I cannot explain why , when driving out of our village at 30kph, I lose 3 km of range every time .
I do a regular 80km round trip , including a steep dip and climb, but with the rest virtually flat, that loses 130km with an average speed of 56kph. I avoid using the heater and the fan so inexplicable

Upvote 0
I thought so !! Your GOM is showing way more estimated range than you will ever get. I would ask your dealer to check that next time you are in there. Wish we could actually get 330km+ from a 1st gen !

Upvote 0
I thought so !! Your GOM is showing way more estimated range than you will ever get. I would ask your dealer to check that next time you are in there. Wish we could actually get 330km+ from a 1st gen !
Barrie - here is the full battery range 371km in E, 336 in N and 320 in S . Due to go to garage later in month as some idiot broke my wing mirror, and also to discuss lack of kers and braking on a curve ( both while using ACC)

Attachments

• IMG_20220213_181425.jpg
    IMG_20220213_181425.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
Barrie - here is the full battery range 371km in E, 336 in N and 320 in S . Due to go to garage later in month as some idiot broke my wing mirror, and also to discuss lack of kers and braking on a curve ( both while using ACC)
I have been getting similar figures, but that's because GOM is based on your previous driving conditions like weather, traffic and acceleration.

If you reset the accumulated/total mileage after a full charge, you should see the car's WLTP range, 260ish km in N mode.

When using ACC/MG Pilot, car doesn't regen and it brakes on curves, car was configured that way, I think your dealer could do nothing about it.

Upvote 0
In Spanish edition, when full charge, normal Mode shows 264kms, and Eco Mode shows 289kms. When you are charging, gom is in Normal Mode without hater.
20210501_173429.jpg

Upvote 0
There's a few confusing responses here concerning Eco mode or battery balancing but I think it's purely about HVAC. The OP is in Australia where the range for a full charge in Normal mode is 263 km (without HVAC on), thus the disappointment at seeing only 220 km when they start up.

The HVAC takes 15% off the estimated range so I'm fairly sure the difference is because they have it on. Try turning it off and you should see the higher range.

In my experience the real-world reduction in range from having the fan on with occasional AC, as is likely in Perth climate, is closer to 10% so you've probably got closer to 235 km than what the GOM is showing.
Hit the nail on the head! Most of these range questions...and there are heaps on the same subject on the forum are related to starting the car with HVAC on. Turn it off and you usually see the full 'guesstimate' of range.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom