G3 Supagard Bionic Protection 2023

PristDean

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Firstly, I am not sponsored by Supgard šŸ˜ but thought i'd share my views on this

I had this applied to my Trophy, inside and out, also came with a fairly extensive care pack Have to say that the cars paint looks great, no swirls or scratches etc. Went out in the car and this time year.... sun... rain...sun.. rain. Water just seemed to pool and drip off the car. Any water marks remaining were easily wiped off with a dry microfiber cloth.
Inside the car (has a bit of a chemical smell, but not unpleasant) is clean looks good, no smears or traces etc.
When I purchased it late December 2022 it cost me Ā£395. But now I believe its more, not sure how that compares to a professional ceramic coating?
So far so good for me, glad I purchased it right now.

Did you apply this yourself as you mention comparing to professional applications?
If self applied seems a tad expensive compared to professional applications which can start at Ā£500 and covers detailing.

No, I bought this from my dealer and they applied it. Apparently the person applying the protection needs to be trained and certified to do so.

Hi,

I too paid my dealer Ā£395 for the supagard treatment for my Trophy. I arrived at the dealerā€™s showroom expecting to collect my new Trophy at the agreed time, but the sales guy who sold me the car said he wasnā€™t expecting me! So I showed him the email confirming the agreed date/time of collection. He said supaguard has not yet been applied to my car!

The Sales manager came by and told me to come back in a couple of hours, so l returned after 2 hours and my car was already parked in their car park ready For me.

I collected my Trophy and drove home. Honestly Iā€˜m not sure if the supaguard treatment was (or can) applied to my car in a space of less than 2 man hours, and I certainly didnā€™t smell any ā€œnew carā€ smell (as one would expect from new cars). One thing I noticed was the windscreen and windows steam up very quickly (with and without passengers), is this normal?

Anyone here have experience in this and any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Mmm, this is poor from your dealer. From what I understand it takes about half a day, wash and prepare the car then apply. Two hours is too short in my view..
At the top of my windscreen is a 'Supagard' sticker. They also provided me with a kit in the boot worth some Ā£100 from Supagard. Within this kit is a card with a unique reference number which enables you to register online. Once registered you are issued with a certificate.
If you have none of the above, I would be very suspicious that the protection has even been applied. I'd also be back to the dealer to ask for what is missing.

The windows steaming all the time would make me wonder. Usually thatā€™s caused by excess condensation, which can be a result of something damp (carpet maybe) in the car. Thatā€™s the first thing Iā€™d be checking

Mmm, this is poor from your dealer. From what I understand it takes about half a day, wash and prepare the car then apply. Two hours is too short in my view..
At the top of my windscreen is a 'Supagard' sticker. They also provided me with a kit in the boot worth some Ā£100 from Supagard. Within this kit is a card with a unique reference number which enables you to register online. Once registered you are issued with a certificate.
If you have none of the above, I would be very suspicious that the protection has even been applied. I'd also be back to the dealer to ask for what is missing.
Thanks for the quick advice.

Nop! No sticker on windscreen and no mentioning of supaguard registration from the dealer, only a bag of supaguard clean products in the boot that costed me Ā£395!

The point is how on earth can I support my suspicion when challenging the dealer?

The windows steaming all the time would make me wonder. Usually thatā€™s caused by excess condensation, which can be a result of something damp (carpet maybe) in the car. Thatā€™s the first thing Iā€™d be checking
Thanks for the quick advice, will check the carpets tomorrow but my car is only 5 monthsā€™ oldā€¦. Damp already?

Could be that they washed the carpets and they havenā€™t had time to dry, or a seal might be letting water in. Just something to check, it might not be the caseā€¦

Thanks for the quick advice.

Nop! No sticker on windscreen and no mentioning of supaguard registration from the dealer, only a bag of supaguard clean products in the boot that costed me Ā£395!

The point is how on earth can I support my suspicion when challenging the dealer?
If you have the bag of products, did you get the card with details of registration etc ? To provide further 'ammunition' I would then contact Supagard and ask how long an application should take and has your dealership been trained to apply the product ? I'd also ask them how you can verify if the product has been applied, especially as they had completed the car inside and out within two hours !
That may provide you with enough to challenge

If you have the bag of products, did you get the card with details of registration etc ? To provide further 'ammunition' I would then contact Supagard and ask how long an application should take and has your dealership been trained to apply the product ? I'd also ask them how you can verify if the product has been applied, especially as they had completed the car inside and out within two hours !
That may provide you with enough to challenge
Thanks PristDean.

Iā€™ll check when Iā€™m back home in 3 weeks.

Nevertheless Iā€™m enjoying driving my Trophy every time when Iā€™m behind the wheel!

Some condensation is normal if you have the AC system off and the windows closed as we humans exhale damp breaths, so needing to crack a window or have the system on a low fan setting can be normal.

If your car is fogged up when you open it and other cars are not - that would be a sign of water getting in.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back