Happy Zappy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

Anyone having problems with a Gen 1 ZS and Zappi charger? I've been using ours regularly with no problems until last week. I've started to leave the car plugged in overnight with the Zappi set to Eco+ mode in order to take advantage of early morning sun from our PV panels. It's now started going to Charge Complete after only putting in a few kWh, despite the car being less than half full. If I unlock the car & plug in again, the Zappi says Waiting for Surplus, then detects Surplus and switches to Charging. After a few minutes it seems to cycle through Charge Delayed and RCD Checking before again saying Charge Complete. My Neighbour's Ioniq seems to charge OK on our Zappi, which would indicate something in the ZS - but what? I've reset the Zappi but not sure what to do to the car - which seems to charge fine in Fast mode.

Many thanks for any suggestion.

David

Yeh. Mine did the same. Set Zappi to plug in charge - or something like that. As soon as you plug it in it will start charging and then stop when it recognises there is no surplus. The hand shake with the car ensures it is going to work.
My ZS had also knackers 2 3rd part 13 amp chargers.
Starts getting very expensive.
Note - threshold for charging in the charging protocol is 1.5kw. So has to be a good day on most PV systems.
Useful also to set min run time.

Should also add that it charged fine using the granny charger.

After looking back on the Myenergi forums there was a note about possible problems when Powerline adaptors are also in use. I have 3 of these in use, so switched them all off. Hey Presto, the car charged!!! The Powerlines have been in use for a couple of years, I’ve had the car for 3 years and the zappI for 4 months - so why did problems only start in the last 2 weeks or so????

Anyway, hopefully now have an answer……

Should also add that it charged fine using the granny charger.

After looking back on the Myenergi forums there was a note about possible problems when Powerline adaptors are also in use. I have 3 of these in use, so switched them all off. Hey Presto, the car charged!!! The Powerlines have been in use for a couple of years, I’ve had the car for 3 years and the zappI for 4 months - so why did problems only start in the last 2 weeks or so????

Anyway, hopefully now have an answer……
Should make no difference. Is your Zappi using CTs directly wired or via harvi?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom