Muffin

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
1681239905348.png

Genieflex new price rises
This seem a big hike from April14th

Received an email they are now charging 98, yes 98p / kWh peak. 88p off-peak.

Claiming due to end of Government support for leccy.

So now when you go to one and it's not working as usual you have saved a fortune.

I got the email today, I was going to reply with, "thanks for the heads up, I now know which chargers to avoid when out and about" :sneaky:

My response was:

HOW MUCH?!?!

You have to be f***ing joking. I will be closing my account with you and asking for the £10 to be refunded.

Regards,

Let's see how long it takes to get my money back.

Edit: The email bounced back. Looking through the error log, the mailbox does not receive emails. How convenient for them.

Reasons not to use Genie point:
1. 98p / kWh
2. Good luck finding one that works in South Wales.
3. Most seem to be in Morrisons, where I vowed never to spend another penny after receiving a parking "fine" 10 years ago

Screenshot_20230415-121116.png

Are there any other fast chargers in Skegness because I won't be using Geniepoint in Morrisons at that price when I visit.

They won't be in business for much longer with those prices as people will go elsewhere. Pure profiteering.
My work used them but we are only being charged 10/11/12p per unit on work car park over next 3 years.

Prob find they have a few deals with big companies and realised they will be losing money so are trying to recoup through public charging.

I am surprised Morrison are happy with that price as they are in most morrisons car parks unless they have just rented the space to them not thinking it will drive customers else where one petrol is gone

All chargers should be made to display current cost in a large illuminated sign above the charger, just like petrol stations do. Some owners will plug in without realising the stupid high costs that some are charging.

Anyone ekse had an e-mail from Geniepoint advising that their prices are going up?

With effect from 14th April they are charging 98p per kwh from 0.800 to 19.59 and 88p per kwh from 20,00 to 07.59.

If other providers follow suit charging away from home will become a luxury.

E-mail was sent the same day that the prices went up. They also advised that apps and the chargers themselves may still display the old price but you will be charged at the new rate with immediate effect.

They're blaming it on the end of the governments EBRS subsidy but a 68% increase seems excessive.

At some point they need to be regulated for standards they have allowed a bit of a wild wild west frontier by showing people/companies to set their own up it will eventually standardis inline with garages etc but

You will lucky to find one that is working. Many around my area are out of order for quite some time. I thought they were very well placed at Morrisons Supermarket car parks. , such a wasted effort.........

Let’s hope all of the ones pushing a £1 are out of order soon.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom