Getting slightly concerned…….

Thank you to everyone for your reassurance - it really has helped! I shall continue to follow the forum, but perhaps pay less attention to stuff that’s way beyond my understanding.

@ billybonfire3 - thank you especially for that snippet - approximately 10% battery charging per hour from a 7kw Tesco pod point on your SR Trophy. That’s the sort of information I can understand and utilise.
Pay as much or as little attention as you prefer & there is no such thing as a silly question.

For an internet forum, we are fortunately free of bellthronks- everyone here genuinely wants to help out if someone needs assistance.

What you have to remember is that all forums contain 90% posts about the cars that have problems. There are probably twice as many owners that do not go on forums. So you don’t get forums just full of praise.
Pop on the net and have a look at other manufacturers all the same no matter what the make is. We are just unfortunate to have ordered cars at the wrong time. Nobody’s fault. I can wire a three pin plug that’s about my limit.
Buy and enjoy remember the world will be 75% EV’s by 2035 👍🏼👍🏼😁

What you have to remember is that all forums contain 90% posts about there cars that have problems. There are probably twice as many owners that do not go on forums. So you don’t get forums full of just praise. Pop on the net and have a look at other manufacturers all the same no matter what the make is. We are just unfortunate to have ordered car at the wrong time. Nobody’s fault. I can wire a three pin plug that’s about my limit.
Buy and enjoy remember the world will be 75% EV’s by 2035 👍🏼👍🏼😁
2035 might be when our cars actually get delivered :LOL:

Battery health? Warm before you start charging? What is this?

Plug it in! Get some leccy juice to power it up.

Take the plug out.

Get in. Put it in drive. Off you go.

Not many miles left on guessometer on your dashboard?

Repeat the process.

Easy as pie!

@Susanna to boost your confidence in EV’s in a day to day situation.
Have you considered “hiring” an EV for a week, to prove to yourself that they ARE that easy to live with ???.
I think you will find one very easy to get on with !.
Then you will be more at ease with the whole thing !.
EV’s are like most things really, you can make it as complicated or as simple as you need really.

@Susanna to boost your confidence in EV’s in a day to day situation.
Have you considered “hiring” an EV for a week, to prove to yourself that they ARE that easy to live with ???.
I think you will find one very easy to get on with !.
Then you will be more at ease with the whole thing !.
EV’s are like most things really, you can make it as complicated or as simple as you need really.
That’s certainly an idea!
I think I have been reassured that a lot of the ‘techy stuff’ is not really essential to know and understand, which has helped to allay my concerns. It’s good to know that this forum is available for support as and when needed too. Many thanks to all.

To make matters worse. I spoke to the garage who basically told me they getting EVs sent back daily now as more roll in they can’t sort them for being bricked at the fast chargers.

Don’t mean to put u off this but I’m seriously at the end of my wick now with this garage. The car is great but can’t run risk of very fast charger bricking then car.

Still no news on what’s doing it and it’s been escalated to MG now to look into.

Who knows what’s going on

To make matters worse. I spoke to the garage who basically told me they getting EVs sent back daily now as more roll in they can’t sort them for being bricked at the fast chargers.
Although this is not a great situation by any means, it will need MG to come back with a fix ASAP.
It was similar when owners of the original ZS EV found they could not delay charge on a A/C home unit.
This was less serious than the D/C charging problem the LR model has right now, but they rolled a software fix pretty quickly.

What you have to remember is that ALL forums are there for us to whinge. Have a look at other manufacturers they are all the same? They are a wonderful source of information that’s why I am on here. Seeking knowledge. You won’t find many post just saying “how wonderful my new car is.” I might when I eventually get mine👍🏼👍🏼😁😁😁

#7. What is a bellthronk?

I think there were 6 bellthronks.

Agree with BillyWhizz, just treat the car as you would any other car. It is after all a car!

What you have to remember is that ALL forums are there for us to whinge. Have a look at other manufacturers they are all the same? They are a wonderful source of information that’s why I am on here. Seeking knowledge. You won’t find many post just saying “how wonderful my new car is.” I might when I eventually get mine👍🏼👍🏼😁😁😁

Thats all well and said but when you break down twice on a charger when charging is the core of the car is a joke.

Had to think of a word that didn’t upset anyone or trip the naughty word filter.

Use your own imagination 😉

Thats all well and said but when you break down twice on a charger when charging is the core of the car is a joke.
When you have the first batch of a new vehicle you'll always be the one to find the issues first.

It's happened to me many times in work, across various manufacturers, models etc. usually after 12 months they've smoothed out all the issues.

Previously had Mercs with dodgy brakes, Land Rovers with wiring faults requiring new looms, and a Citroen (I think) that caught fire at 2 weeks old.

Most recent was the new shape Corsa, had staff coming back with no indicators, which required sending the vehicle back to Vauxhall for a new module. Vauxhall have now recalled all the early ones to do this proactively.

Unfortunately, after many years involved, it's not surprising to see any more and to be honest with you, when you're buying a 'cheap' vehicle as you are with your MG, you can't expect them to have tested every eventuality if even the premium marques can't get it right.

When you have the first batch of a new vehicle you'll always be the one to find the issues first.

It's happened to me many times in work, across various manufacturers, models etc. usually after 12 months they've smoothed out all the issues.

Previously had Mercs with dodgy brakes, Land Rovers with wiring faults requiring new looms, and a Citroen (I think) that caught fire at 2 weeks old.

Most recent was the new shape Corsa, had staff coming back with no indicators, which required sending the vehicle back to Vauxhall for a new module. Vauxhall have now recalled all the early ones to do this proactively.

Unfortunately, after many years involved, it's not surprising to see any more and to be honest with you, when you're buying a 'cheap' vehicle as you are with your MG, you can't expect them to have tested every eventuality if even the premium marques can't get it right.
I expect them to least have sorted the chargers and issues that go along with them months and months before now, along side that have way to clear the codes somehow and allow a system reboot to check everything is fine instead of bricking the car completely

Me waiting for all the teething problems to be ironed out before I order......
Im Not Sure Pop Tv GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom