Ferretusmaximus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
On a longish journey the Tea Cup was triggered with the very authoritarian warning to not drive while tired. As I was only 20 minutes from home on empty roads after midnight I was not going to stop, not least because there was nowhere to get a cup of anything at that time and place. Unfortunately, the ping associated with the warning does not go away and starts to drive you a bit crazy - stops you falling asleep I suppose. Has anyone found a way to suppress this warning?

Think you have to switch off (lock) the car then start it again.

Never had the warning yet though in 20k miles ...

How long had you been driving, I would have thought the battery would run out before the warning would come on.. unless you were doing 20 on backroads

I've had it come on before, you can easily get a good few hours driving on mixed roads. As Tight Git said, you have to stop the car, get out, lock it and open up again. Similarly I was only a few minutes from home, coming back at night. It's a good reminder to make a quick stop somewhere on the next long journey though, even if you don't need to charge not a bad idea.

How long had you been driving, I would have thought the battery would run out before the warning would come on.. unless you were doing 20 on backroads
About 2.5 - 3 hours. Annoyingly first "colder" journey so was reducing speed to try to get home without a charge which probably prolonged the journey enough to trigger the warning. Next time I'll get a top up half way. Live and learn.

Just disable it in the MG Pilot settings? Annoying isn't it!
Thank you. Is the warning the same as the Indirect Driver Fatigue Reminder System? My version of the manual says this will operate under certain conditions (including mass data statistics?!) but does not say what the warning/reminder is, nor how to disable it, it just says "The driver monitor system can be set on the infotainment display", which is a bit vague.

Yes, that's it. You can switch it off when it starts beeping at you rather than having to remember to do it before you start. It just seems to be a timer to me, they got rid of the driver monitoring camera on early models.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back